TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
They never indicated that they were married. Neither were wearing a ring. And it would be kind of odd (or at least worth calling out) if Sam married the ex-wife of one astronaut, then turned around and married the ex-wife of another astronaut (who was the best friend of the first astronaut). Especially when Ex-wife One and Ex-wife Two were also very good friends.
Well we also have Karen sleeping with Tracy's son so married on not if AppleTV+ didn't want this show Telemundo would have.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
A question about military rankings. Ed has been referred to as an admiral but he worked for NASA for umpteen years. Was he still in the navy in order to get promoted to the rank of admiral? Do you have to be in command of a group of people to be an admiral? Is it one of those titles that you seemingly get for life once you attain it like "mayor" or "judge" etc.. even though you haven't done it in decades?
From Active Military Applicants | NASA is says "If selected, military personnel are detailed to NASA for a selected period of time." so it seems they remain in their military branch while with NASA.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I just thought the architecture didn't look like Russia. Maybe the USSR stashed her in one of the republics that has more middle eastern influence, like Georgia or Azerbaijan, or one of the 'stans. Or maybe that city was supposed to be Baikonur and she's working for Roscosmos.
The first thing I noticed were the onion shaped spires which you see on Russian orthodox churches, so I thought Russia, but then i noticed the tall building on the right an thought I recognized it as one of the 4 Stalin apartment buildings, which would make it Moscow. Note in 1993 I spend a few weeks in Russia and stayed at one of those apartment buildings.

See: Stalin’s Soaring Moscow Towers Sorely Need Body Work (Published 2018)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts