TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Notable Member
117,713 Posts
So, I "binged" through epsiodes 2-6 over the past several days.. I thought I gotten all caught up.. But now I see an episode 7? Could have sworn it wasn't there last night

Obviously, its too late to discuss specific things about specific episodes at this point. But this show is interesting.. A weird mix of actual reality/history and total alternate reality/history. It took a bit of time, but it finally began to really diverge. I'm digging it.. But I totally get why so many don't like it and want it to be more factual like "The Right Stuff" or "From The Earth To The Moon" or "Apollo 13"

·
Notable Member
117,713 Posts
Well, Sony Betamax devices were brought out earlier in the "For All Mankind" timeline -- 1974 if not 1973, versus 1975 in our timeline. (The dialogue in the most recent episode about the Hollywood studios not wanting people to record TV shows does seem to indicate that they're available to the general public by late 1974.)
:)

I noticed the machine was a Betamax And also giggled about the line about recording TV shows and being able to skip the commercials

·
Notable Member
117,713 Posts
Right. He was elected in 1976 instead of Carter.

Prince Charles was allowed to marry Camilla instead of being forced to marry Diana, so no Will or Harry.

I didn't catch the John Lennon bit.
welll... there could still be a Will and Harry. just different mother. :)

·
Notable Member
117,713 Posts
And why the heck is Ed sending Gordo back? He has to know that'll be a disaster.
I just finished and was coming here to say the same thing.

But I guess that's exactly where they want the story line to go. I'm guessing Gordo never makes it back. Because some disaster.

·
Notable Member
117,713 Posts
I know this is "alternate reality", but I really was worried Tracy's mission on Challenger was going to blow up.

They are really gonna dig up an old Apollo command module and Saturn for the Soviet handshake mission?

Will we see the immigrant engineer working at NASA? I'm sure eventually we will. And she'll probably save the day in some sort of "Apollo 13" type of deal.

Will Gordo's incident over the Gulf get him grounded?

·
Notable Member
117,713 Posts
I'm confused.. I thought Gordo had the problem with his jet and had to punch out. Did I mis remember? Or did Ed punch out too for some reason?

Tracy is a mess.. Gorodo is too.. But he is trying to get back on track. Tracy's job does seem like grunt work. Not so fitting to her "glamorous' status.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts