TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· wait.. I did what?
15,520 Posts
I was going to start a thread on this over the weekend and never made it, thanks for starting it.
As a spacegeek with a preexisting thing for alternate realities AND 60's period pieces , this is pretty much nails my niche demographic to a T and as expected I binged all 3 episodes and really like where they're taking it.
I didn't find it at all "too talky" since they had a huge amount of exposition to plow through, I don't view talky shows as a negative, I view them as telling a richer more detailed tale.

· wait.. I did what?
15,520 Posts
Well, based on the preview scene, it will
[Princess Bride quote.. you keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it does [/Princess Bride quote...
Sorry, but you're not in the right on this one no matter how much you want to be, that scene is the final scene that ends Season 1, much like the final scene in a Marvel movie after the credits, it's considered part of that movie

· wait.. I did what?
15,520 Posts
Ok, it's finally happened, I'm done with the Stevens boys, I'm all for a good human drama in my space operas but for the first time I can say they've pushed it too far.
No way Danny should have been doing anything but bench warming after his canine outburst.

The rest of the story? perfectly fine and gorgeous to look at! I'm also glad that it looks like Margo's number is finally up, and the Wilson's can either slink away or step up, I'm voting for step up so we can get LGBTQ rights on track sooner.

Reactions: Random User 7

· wait.. I did what?
15,520 Posts
But did NASA send any kind of drilling equipment on Sojourner? And is the one that Helios was using salvageable?
It wouldn't have been on Sojourner, it would have been on the supply ship they sent ahead of it, with their luck it was the Russians that had one on their now abandoned ship.
Remember we haven't yet heard where the North Korean plot is going, so that may come into play.

Reactions: DevdogAZ

· wait.. I did what?
15,520 Posts
Color me disappointed that Danny didn't sacrifice himself for Ed so that we would not have to listen to him anymore.

I know it's harsh, but as a character he's overstayed his welcome by at least 3/4 of this season so far.

· wait.. I did what?
15,520 Posts
So, the Mars team is stuck on the surface since the MSAM is a hunk of junk. Phoenix will just orbit and provide a Comm relay since they don’t have fuel to depart. Can’t drill for water since the one rig is destroyed and the other rig is on Phoenix and it cannot get down to the surface. Helios has one Hab left, NASA has its outpost and It’s ship that cannot fly.
I'm not 100% sure the MSAM is "lost lost" and wonder if they may dig it out in the last episode to get folks up to the Polaris, I also think there's a longshot they fix Sojourner

· wait.. I did what?
15,520 Posts
Mars Orbit: Phoenix
  • Ok, I'm parking this rant here. IF I followed the dialog correctly Helios did not plan on rendezvousing with Sorjournor or Mars 96 spacecraft so there were no rendezvous systems integrated on the vehicle. The Soviet (Russian) KURS systems require 2 parts to work, one on each vehicle. Just adding one on Popeye wouldn't work. Unless I missed something in the dialog.
I think the issue is that Sojourner is grounded and doesn't use the Soviet docking process, but might have still been able to dock.
Mars: Happy Valley
  • Ok, the poster who predicted the MSAM wasn't a box of junk, congrats. Now I think its going to come down to the MSAM isn't able to get EVERYONE off the surface due to fuel limitations.
TYVM.. I was one of those :)

· wait.. I did what?
15,520 Posts
It's almost like we are supposed to believe that they thought it was an unmanned probe and, maybe it was only small enough to be maybe a Soyuz spacecraft, at best.

So maybe it was just one dude, and he has been surviving there on his own?

Something definetly off, but it's obviously the fuel we need to keep the space race on I guess?
They've been really good at planting seeds and then showing them blossom in the next episode.
I wouldn't be surprised if the probe they visited was literally just a probe and there's a small North Korean base camp around the bend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts