TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,970 Posts
I'm hoping that they just lost communication with the ship and that the crew is ok. Also hoping that Ed pressurizes the air lock and that the Cosmonaut just lost consciousness and isn't dead. I'm glad they did't kill off Molly.
Thats what I am thinking as Ed is potentially creating a war here. I am also thinking since Ed shut down the transmitter the Russian was coming to tell him about the rescue mission.

·
Premium Member
10,970 Posts
I don't know. The Russian kinda brandished that hammer at him when Ed caught him coming out of the crater. Seems like the lines were drawn at that point.

The dark turn doesn't turn me off at all, but it's certainly a bit of a change in tone from the earlier episodes (minus the training accident death).
I am sure he was upset when he saw his research equipment destroyed but looking at the sequencing of things and the subsequent issue of the rescue missing falling apart, I think that he might have been ordered thought better of it.

Either way its going to be a ride!

Reactions: LlamaLarry

·
Premium Member
10,970 Posts
Whoa...

I was waiting for the Americans and Russians to have some sort of encounter on the moon.. But I wasn't really expecting that. I guess next episode is the "Apollo 13" episode.
Either that or something like the ending of the Abyss special edition where the alien creature stopped the war between the Americans and the a Russians.

·
Premium Member
10,970 Posts
I don't agree. I think it was presented as a preview for season 2. I don't see any problem with spoilerizing things that might be considered a spoiler for someone. I've seen it, so it's not a spoiler for me. But I'm not going to argue about it any more. Do what you want.
Also its not a next week episode. It's a frickin year away. We should be able to talk about it and what it means.

Reactions: Beryl

·
Premium Member
10,970 Posts
We have no idea what next season is about. This scene is simply meant to say that everything in this season is over with. People are not stuck on the moon waiting for rescue. They gay thing was put back in the closet. ...

·
Premium Member
10,970 Posts
As somebody who got to install networked computers in mission control as well as rewriting the real time operating system that the shuttle used for 6 degree freedom simulations at NASA Ames VMS facility in the late 80s and being blessed to actually land the simulated shuttle in motion once.

I recognized a lot of the issues but totally totally enjoyed this.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Tints and shades Snapshot Machine

Reactions: PaulS

·
Premium Member
10,970 Posts
I'm talking about the logistics of the scene. They went for drama over logic (which is OK; it was a good scene). If he intended to blow up Sea Dragon when he relieved Sally, why not just tell her that and let her set the coordinates instead of relieving her? If he decided that after she pulled the gun on him, why not tell her that instead of pulling a gun on her himself and risking a real disaster? The scene doesn't really make sense. But if he had done the logical thing and just told her, then we wouldn't have had a good scene, so they wrote around the logic. It's a nit.
By doing what he did he made it clear that was him and only him that takes responsibility for his actions and the other two do not get hit with insubordination/treason/....

·
Premium Member
10,970 Posts
I don't necessarily HATE it, though I think there are better ways they could have gone with the same impact both for Karen herself and the marriage. Instead they made it unnecessarily creepy when they didn't have to.

Edit: I should add that not only did they make it creepy, but they didn't address the repercussions of doing something like that, how it would affect Gordo and Tracey and so forth. In fact, they essentially wrote the whole thing off with the death of Gordo/Tracey and then the time jump (unless next season they have her involved with him, which would be interesting how they write that, but my guess is that was it, it won't be mentioned again).
Sometimes things happen without repercussions other than the fact Ed was pretty grumpy during the last mission. Next season is 10 years or so later so we will find out if they are even together or if she is gone from the story altogether. She has sold the bar.

Frankly it would not surprise if this came from some personal experience with somebody in the writers room.

·
Premium Member
10,970 Posts
Another reason I suspect Tracy is gone is that she realized space is where Ed wanted to be and she basically pushed him back into it and then once he was up there she was freaking out again so I am pretty sure she knows he is not meant for her.

·
Premium Member
10,970 Posts
They blamed NASA for the loss of jobs due to the new fuel (helium-3) found on the Moon.
I assume also they think the money spent by NASA could have gone to things like the homeless and so called bleeding heart causes rather than big business.

·
Premium Member
10,970 Posts
View attachment 74361

I‘ve also been to JSC and been in the ISS FCR, White FCR, the Apollo control room (before it was restored and now limited access. I’ve stood at the Flight Director console. Can’t believe I’m posting the photo.

Yes, in the For All Mankind they merged the MCC with an admin building.

That said, I believe that press are allowed on center during events. How the domestic terrorists got credentialed could have been fairly straight forward since they were outside and did not have access to the MCC.
I was part of an installation project for Co trol Data in 91 and this is what I remember outside the building

Sky Cloud Building Infrastructure Road surface

1 - 12 of 12 Posts