TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Hi. What is this?
10,443 Posts
Lots of fun alternate reality news headlines and stories in the opening!

Reagan still President. But of course, he's the 39th President.
Right. He was elected in 1976 instead of Carter.

Prince Charles was allowed to marry Camilla instead of being forced to marry Diana, so no Will or Harry.

I didn't catch the John Lennon bit.

·
Hi. What is this?
10,443 Posts
I saw Charlie Schlatter's name in the credits. IMDB lists the character as Paul Michaels, but I don't know who that is within the show. Anyone know? I had no idea he was still an actor. I hadn't seen his name in anything since the 80's or 90's.

·
Hi. What is this?
10,443 Posts
Yeah, that's one of those moments that's pretty cool. Until you think about it. :D

(I'm always amazed at how tone-deaf song choices can be, like a certain politician who played a song at his rallies that is superficially "rah-rah USA" until you actually listen to the lyrics, which are a stinging rebuke.)
You mean like the campaign to make Born to Run the state song of New Jersey at some point in the '80s? maybe they just never heard the line "Just can't wait to get out of this place"

·
Hi. What is this?
10,443 Posts
*Spoilers from 4/2/2020 Episode*

Watched this morning and yeah, this happened. Unfortunately I got too much sun glare, and while I was able to make out the kiss, I couldn't see if the scene where she was making love to someone (I assumed it was Ed, and it was guilt sex, but I guess it could have been the kid). I'll rewatch later when I don't have that issue. Good episode though, lots happening in the "space" world. They introduced the Korean Airline story as a pretense for them taking back the moon claim from the Soviets.
It was definitely Ed she was sleeping with.

·
Hi. What is this?
10,443 Posts
Who thinks Ellen is actually going to quit NASA? I'm guessing she is going to come out and let the chips fall where they may. The show has been good about acknowledging racism, misogyny, etc., and then letting its characters break those barriers.
I figured that she would tell the president that she would be honored to accept the position, "but here's the thing..."

She's going to come out to the president, but being that this is Reagan we're talking about (even an alt-history Reagan), it's probably not going to go over well.

·
Hi. What is this?
10,443 Posts
I get why Danny wanted Karen.
[Chandler]
Have you seen Shantel VanSanten?
[/Chandler]

He's 18 (maybe 19), a mass of raging hormones, a year into a hypercompetitive school environment, and always had a thing for his dead friend's hot mom while his parents were away a lot.
(And it seems like his mother more or less checked out of the family over the last few years.)

But it's unfathomable to me why Karen would do it with Danny.
He's her dead son's best friend, her daughter's friend, and his parents are among the family's closest friends.

If this gets out, it will not only completely destroy her relationship with Ed, it will also destroy it with Tracy, Gordo, and Kelly.

I also find it far fetched and and to a certain extant, some lazy writing.
Because he's hot and as was mentioned earlier, she's doing things that she wants to do to be in control of her own life.

"This young hot guy wants me? Hell yeah!"

I don't think her thought process went beyond that at first.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts