TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 763 Posts

· Just a boring dude
36,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started the 2nd episode. I’m hooked. The concept is very interesting. USSR beats us to the moon. Space race never ends.

· wait.. I did what?
15,501 Posts
I was going to start a thread on this over the weekend and never made it, thanks for starting it.
As a spacegeek with a preexisting thing for alternate realities AND 60's period pieces , this is pretty much nails my niche demographic to a T and as expected I binged all 3 episodes and really like where they're taking it.
I didn't find it at all "too talky" since they had a huge amount of exposition to plow through, I don't view talky shows as a negative, I view them as telling a richer more detailed tale.

· Seasoned gas passer
12,203 Posts
Error in Ep 2...Funk #49 wasn’t released by the James Gang until 1970. The episode used it as a backdrop to the Sept. ‘69 launch of Apollo 12.

· Nice to see you
9,736 Posts
I wondered what they were going to do with Apollo 13, and the answer seems to have been to just not mention it, in an episode that focused on the women astronauts' training and the run-up to the Apollo 15 launch -- presumably, in this timeline, the Apollo 13 mission went fine and allowed NASA to continue on their accelerated schedule of Apollo launches.

· I am Groot!
58,892 Posts
Yeah, this show is amazing. I guess when Ronald Moore is tethered to some semblance of reality, it overcomes his storytelling weaknesses (i.e., his tendency to just make ^#%@ up as it suits him, regardless of whether it fits in with anything else).

· Premium Member
12,209 Posts
Enjoying it. I wasn’t feeling it midway through the first episode for many reasons but stuck it out thanks to this thread. Too many TCFers here like it so I multitasked through episode 1, gained interest in episode 2, and almost caught up.

1 - 20 of 763 Posts