Lyrics (pdf)

Why can’t a heterosexual guy tell a heterosexual guy
That he thinks his booty is fly?
:eek:

·
Enlightened
7,696 Posts
johnperkins21 said:
I thought this episode was ok, except for the Bowie stuff. That "Bowie in Space" song was horrendous.
Blasphemy! The Bowie stuff was genius!

·
ILYA KOVALCHUK
274 Posts
johnperkins21 said:
I thought this episode was ok, except for the Bowie stuff. That "Bowie in Space" song was horrendous.
This is the most egregious statement I have ever seen on this forums (and there are plenty to go around here).

It's all about the references. Can't imagine it would be funny to anymore who doesn't, at the very least, know David Bowie's music, let alone understand his huge historical relevance (music and pop culture).

·
Registered
149 Posts
mattpol said:
This is the most egregious statement I have ever seen on this forums (and there are plenty to go around here).

It's all about the references. Can't imagine it would be funny to anymore who doesn't, at the very least, know David Bowie's music, let alone understand his huge historical relevance (music and pop culture).
:up:

+1 Well said!!!

·
Registered
759 Posts
mattpol said:

I got the reference, but I dislike Bowie. Never liked anything he did. Jermaine dressed up as Bowie from different eras was ok, but that song was much too Bowie-esque for me to enjoy.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,794 Posts
Best episode yet. This show continues to get better every week.

Or maybe I'm developing that "acquired taste". :p

And as a Bowie fan for far longer than I want to admit, the Bowie segment was great. I watch with captions, so I was able to catch all the lyrics flying by. I don't know how someone just listening can get them all, especially with that Kiwi accent.

Ok, I'll 'fess up. I bought Ziggy Stardust when it was released. And that wasn't my first Bowie album either. :eek:

·
Registered
149 Posts
astrohip said:
Ok, I'll 'fess up. I bought Ziggy Stardust when it was released. And that wasn't my first Bowie album either. :eek:
Right there with you. Saw him for the first time on the Diamond Dogs tour.

Now my 23 year old son is a huge fan.

Back on topic, this show is awesome.

·
Registered
856 Posts
johnperkins21 said:
I got the reference, but I dislike Bowie. Never liked anything he did. Jermaine dressed up as Bowie from different eras was ok, but that song was much too Bowie-esque for me to enjoy.
If you didn't like the Bowie song, then it must have been great!

·
Cherished Member
656 Posts
mattpol said:

You are such a diplomat ! I'd simply say "What a dumbass opinion" (Thereby not making a personal attack on the dumbass who said it}

·
Preowned Member
1,448 Posts
My favorite moment of this episode:

The band was in the office with John Hodgman (the greeting card guy), and Murray asks when the meeting was going to begin, after they had already been chatting for a minute. Hodgman says something like "it's already begun" and Murray says under his breath to the guys "but I didn't hear him take role call."

1 - 20 of 22 Posts