TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
time to emancipate
7,197 Posts
I'm no tivo expert by any means. Actually, I've only had mine for a couple of weeks.
Here's my take on some of what you asked.

I knew going into it that I would upgade the HD so I went w/the 40 hr tivo. I would recommned that as well.

As far as I've read the 40 hr and 80 hr are identical except for the hd size. They also have one that has a dvd burner.

To my knowledge mine (series 2) can accept two drives if the bracket is purchased. I would imagine the newer ones would be the same. At least that's what I found searching my model # on one of the upgrade sites.

I went with the lifetime after debating it for a while. Also BB had a free 3 month sub card that came with mine so I used that to deduct from the 299. So as long as I keep mine for 20 months then I brake even. If I decide I don't like it (highly doubtful) then I can always sell it with the lifetime sub and more than likely at least brake even at that point.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.