TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
sakura panda said:
Today, not only did he know what I was talking about, but he told me that it came out "around the same time as the fifth season of Farscape, which was eight seasons long." I'm sure this isn't a big deal to you guys, but for me to go into WalMart and talk to someone who is knowledgable about what I'm seeking? It's surreal. :D
Well, aside from the fact that Farscape went 4 seasons, not 8. (5 if you wanted to count the Peacekeeper Wars mini-series as a season).

Oh, and that Firefly was released on DVD in Dec '03, while "Season 5" of Farscape was released in Jan '05... (The complete season 2 in Oct '03 appears to be the closest to Firefly's release date. But it's annoying to fully check because of the multiple ways Farscape has been released).

But at least he knew what Firefly was. :D

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
sakura panda said:
Hee hee -- I wonder if he meant SG-1. :D I didn't see much of Farscape; I couldn't get into it in the beginning, but I followed the last season (as best I could) very closely. So I didn't know how off he was.

But, again, the point was that he knew *something* and he did encourage me to watch the series before Serenity. :)

--Katie
SG-1 is certainly a possibility. That has 8 season's out on DVD (currently in season 9), and the season 5 DVD set came out in Jan '04, not long after Firefly. And heck, Farscape and SG-1 both feature wormholes. ;) (Not to mention a fair bit of the same cast, as of late).

I'm glad he was helpful. Now go watch Firefly :D
(Mainly I noticed the Farscape went 8 seasons thing, since I was really annoyed that it didn't get its promised 5th season. The rest of the info about release dates I didn't really know, so I looked up on Amazon.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.