TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I went to WalMart today to see if they had Firefly in stock there -- this is the third one I checked over the last three weeks.

The first one, when I asked, said if it wasn't on the shelf, they didn't have it, and that new DVDs come in every Tuesday. (Translation: I don't know anything about it and I'd like to get back to the DOOM conversation that I'm having with this other "associate".) I didn't bother to talk to anyone at the second WalMart. I'm not there to look for the DVD, but I'll check while I'm there.

Today, not only did he know what I was talking about, but he told me that it came out "around the same time as the fifth season of Farscape, which was eight seasons long." I'm sure this isn't a big deal to you guys, but for me to go into WalMart and talk to someone who is knowledgable about what I'm seeking? It's surreal. :D

I told him that I've never watched Firefly, that I knew the DVD came out over a year ago, and that I already had Serenity, but I didn't watch it yet because I decided I wanted to watch the series first. I even told him that I've watched SG-1 and Farscape, but somehow missed Firefly when it was on TV. :p

I'm telling you guys, because it's your fault that I bought Serenity. I tivo'd some of the episodes, but I missed a couple, and I decided that instead of recording the Firefly marathon last Friday, I would just buy the DVD and be done with it.

Is this considered a UMF? :D

--Katie

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Hee hee -- I wonder if he meant SG-1. :D I didn't see much of Farscape; I couldn't get into it in the beginning, but I followed the last season (as best I could) very closely. So I didn't know how off he was.

But, again, the point was that he knew *something* and he did encourage me to watch the series before Serenity. :)

--Katie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.