TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Seasoned gas passer
13,023 Posts
Unfortunately, your link to Buy.com indicates it's unavailable.

I'm going through the entire TV series right now on DVD (even though I saw it on SciFi) before watching "Serenity". There's nothing like Firefly on a 51-inch with Dolby Surround (even if it's only Dolby 2.0).

·
Registered
75 Posts
I ordered mine through Amazon a week ago at $29.96 with free shipping. Today it's $34.99 at Amazon. In early November it was less than $27. I didn't realize that Amazon changed their prices so often. It's #3 seller of all their DVDs, so maybe they are taking advantage of the high demand.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I've got all the Firefly's backed up on my HD waiting for editing & trancoding but I've come to realize I've simpley don't have the time to do TV shows. I'll spend the $ and have them come nice & packaged.
Movies yes, weekely shows no.
Plus the commentarys are cool

·
Seasoned gas passer
13,023 Posts
alyssa said:
I've got all the Firefly's backed up on my HD waiting for editing & trancoding but I've come to realize I've simpley don't have the time to do TV shows. I'll spend the $ and have them come nice & packaged.
Movies yes, weekely shows no.
Plus the commentarys are cool
About the only time I watch TV shows on DVD (I have three sets only -- 24 first season, Alias first season, and Firefly) are when I'm on the treadmill. They're perfect for a good 45-minute workout ;)!

·
Registered
168 Posts
newsposter said:
even 57? ;) sorry couldn't resist.
Ah ha.......61? OK.....Bad post.
Seems most places except the regular high price places are sold out.
Seems they all under estimated demand.
I'll wait a few weeks.
The local Wally World here is supposed to have more next week for $19.48
I have reserved a copy so I don't miss out again.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Bierboy said:
About the only time I watch TV shows on DVD (I have three sets only -- 24 first season, Alias first season, and Firefly) are when I'm on the treadmill. They're perfect for a good 45-minute workout ;)!
Actually that's a great idea- you're right it's the perfect time increment. I was gonna play my tour de france dvd's but they're a few hr's long. These (firefly, sg-1 ect.) would be the perfect amount of time!
Thanks-

·
Seasoned gas passer
13,023 Posts
alyssa said:
Actually that's a great idea- you're right it's the perfect time increment. I was gonna play my tour de france dvd's but they're a few hr's long. These (firefly, sg-1 ect.) would be the perfect amount of time!
Thanks-
Yep...actually 24 and Alias got me through a couple of cold, midwestern winters with excercising until I could get back outside again :D

·
Registered
26,309 Posts
Bierboy said:
Slacker! Nowadays I do 2 "hour" shows on the treadmill virtually every day. It ends up being approx 80 minutes (skip opening/end credits, and of course commercials) total.

·
Seasoned gas passer
13,023 Posts
mattack said:
Slacker! Nowadays I do 2 "hour" shows on the treadmill virtually every day. It ends up being approx 80 minutes (skip opening/end credits, and of course commercials) total.
I am such a pig... :(

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
mattack said:
Let me guess, you don't have a SO & kids.....and are one of those odd beasts that survive on 3 hr's of sleep per night. ;)

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I went to WalMart today to see if they had Firefly in stock there -- this is the third one I checked over the last three weeks.

The first one, when I asked, said if it wasn't on the shelf, they didn't have it, and that new DVDs come in every Tuesday. (Translation: I don't know anything about it and I'd like to get back to the DOOM conversation that I'm having with this other "associate".) I didn't bother to talk to anyone at the second WalMart. I'm not there to look for the DVD, but I'll check while I'm there.

Today, not only did he know what I was talking about, but he told me that it came out "around the same time as the fifth season of Farscape, which was eight seasons long." I'm sure this isn't a big deal to you guys, but for me to go into WalMart and talk to someone who is knowledgable about what I'm seeking? It's surreal. :D

I told him that I've never watched Firefly, that I knew the DVD came out over a year ago, and that I already had Serenity, but I didn't watch it yet because I decided I wanted to watch the series first. I even told him that I've watched SG-1 and Farscape, but somehow missed Firefly when it was on TV. :p

I'm telling you guys, because it's your fault that I bought Serenity. I tivo'd some of the episodes, but I missed a couple, and I decided that instead of recording the Firefly marathon last Friday, I would just buy the DVD and be done with it.

Is this considered a UMF? :D

--Katie

·
Registered
20,831 Posts
sakura panda said:
Today, not only did he know what I was talking about, but he told me that it came out "around the same time as the fifth season of Farscape, which was eight seasons long." I'm sure this isn't a big deal to you guys, but for me to go into WalMart and talk to someone who is knowledgable about what I'm seeking? It's surreal. :D
Well, aside from the fact that Farscape went 4 seasons, not 8. (5 if you wanted to count the Peacekeeper Wars mini-series as a season).

Oh, and that Firefly was released on DVD in Dec '03, while "Season 5" of Farscape was released in Jan '05... (The complete season 2 in Oct '03 appears to be the closest to Firefly's release date. But it's annoying to fully check because of the multiple ways Farscape has been released).

But at least he knew what Firefly was. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.