TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just had FIOS installed last week and they put in 2 CC in our S3. Everything seems to work fine except there are 8 or 9 HD channels that appear to come in scrambled. The 2 Fox outlets, the 2 ABC outlets and some others. I called and the re-initialized it but it was no help. We are in Howard County in Maryland.

Anyone else having this and have any idea what's going on and how to fix it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jason,
We have two STB's with HD capability and all channels come in fine on those. How does one check the signal strength on a specific channel? I just spoke to my wife and the Verizon tech was there, changed a cable, tested signal and declared everything was fine on their end and it was a TIVO Problem. And yes it happens on both cards.

Brian

·
BaDoop BaDoop BaDoop
861 Posts
you can test particular channels per cable card through the cable cards menu.

to test signal strength per channel, i think it's under settings, channels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the help. As these things usually turnout it was something really stupid that I should have thought of. The TV the S3 is on is a somewhat aged Sony XBR36. One of the real early HD capable TV's. As it happens it is only able to display 1080i not 720p so since I had the S3 set to display native resolution and station broadcasting in 720p was not displaying correctly. I changed the S3 to Hybrid 1080i and everything is now sweet and works great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts