TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to replace my Verizon DVR with an Edge or Bolt, as well as replacing set top boxes with Minis.

I would like to keep using the existing Actiontec MI424-WR Rev F router for awhile, until I have time to run Ethernet to the ONT.

This router apparently supports only MoCA 1.1. Would this be a problem with an Edge or Bolt?

·
wait.. I did what?
14,616 Posts
Guess I answered my own question. I called Tivo support, and was told that MoCA 2.0 is required.
Your Actiontec MI424-WR Rev F router will continue to work fine with a Bolt, I can't answer on the Edge since I don't have first hand experience but that should also be fine, Tivo support is not correct in stating it won't work.

·
TDL shepherd
17,363 Posts
Guess I answered my own question. I called Tivo support, and was told that MoCA 2.0 is required.
What @dianebrat said (and not TiVo Support). MoCA 2.0 is backward-compatible with MoCA 1.1, so a CableCARD-capable* BOLT or EDGE *would* be able to connect to the built-in MoCA bridge of your MI424-WR.

* FYI... The OTA-only versions of the BOLT and EDGE DVRs lack MoCA functionality; not a problem if you're sticking with digital cable for TV.

p.s. See also the following Re: a side benefit of networking a TiVo DVR as a MoCA client: Extending wired connectivity at a MoCA-client TiVo DVR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.