TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I emailed TiVo to ask how to get my Media Access Key when I was told to use that in the directions for transferring shows using pyTiVo. According to the post I made when I finally found out how to do that by going through posts on this site, that was 13 days ago.

Today I received a response telling me how to get my Media Access Key.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I emailed TiVo to ask how to get my Media Access Key when I was told to use that in the directions for transferring shows using pyTiVo. According to the post I made when I finally found out how to do that by going through posts on this site, that was 13 days ago.

Today I received a response telling me how to get my Media Access Key.
You could have and the answer in less than 5 seconds with a simple Google search.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I imagine TiVo support has 100s of unread tickets in an active queue with maybe only 3-4 support employees that know how to really troubleshoot a TiVo DVR. So if any "Level1" customer service agents escalates a question that is either not simple solution in their cheatsheets, or not payed attention to the first time... then it gets triaged into a higher tier queue that has those few employees that eventually come across a case like this and do a quick resolve.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could have and the answer in less than 5 seconds with a simple Google search.
Yeah, well, this is something I almost never think of in such a situation.Also, Google doesn't know what I want and asking a person sometimes gives better results.

Also, at home I avoided Google completely for years so I'd never go to any unsafe web sites. I only went to web sites I knew and waited for anything else until I was at a library.

I eventually found the answer on the appropriate thread here. But as I recall, the TiVo site itself was no help.

·
Registered
540 Posts
It's usually worth a try to do a Google search. I just typed "how do I find MAK for Tivo" into the google search bar. The answer was the first item on the results page and there was no need to go to the underlying web site.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The weird thing is I do think of Google first if i don't have any other ideas, but when I got to a site like this, which I do for Microsoft and McAfee, that's where i ask the question and it never occurs to me to check Google.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts