TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2 Tivos for a couple of years with minimal wireless networking troubles. Unfortunately, ever since I received the 7.2.1-oth-01-2-140 update, I've had nothing but problems. For some reason, both Tivos "lose" their internal Linksys IP Address, and when it tries to connect to download program data, I get the "Failed. No DHCP Server" error message. Yet, the screen does show my network name and a signal strength between 40-60%. In order to fix the problem, I unplug and plug back in the wireless USB adapter from the back of the Tivo. I then unplug the Linksys Router, wait a couple of seconds, and then plug it back in. If I go back to the Tivo, I can see the status change and get assigned a valid IP Address. I then proceed to force a connection manually.

Every day or two, I have to repeat this process for each machine. Do any of you have an idea of what may be different (other than the obvious software update) which would cause the symptoms I've described above?

Thanks for your help!
Brian

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.