TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following the help given in the GSOD thread, I have had to replace the drive, and today booted my Tivo and got beyond the Powering Up stage.

I made the Tivo make a daily call, it downloaded the data, but failed on unpacking the data.

I have made a test call and it passed the 4 tests.

Now when I try the daily call it dials out, and comes back with "Failed. Unknown error."

I used MFSTools2 from an LBA47 40MB Image and expanded to fill the disk, it completed OK.

What do I do next ?

Thanks

Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, because we had a lba48 kernel image, I thought it was not needed .

How does it explain the dialup issues ?

Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It did n't explain the dial up issues. Left it dialling out again at 12:48am this morning, and by the time I checked at 7am, it had completed downloading, unpacking and will display the programme data.

Must have been an inssue at the other end.

Mark
 

·
tivoheaven.co.uk
Joined
·
5,577 Posts
You should still run copykern as otherwise your swap will be inactive and you will experience problems with the daily call.

Copykern is non-destructive and takes about 5 seconds to run :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As per the advice given above, copykern was run, took longer to set it all up than to do the linux commands.

Tivo is now working fine, thanks to everyone here who helped.

Mark

P.S Cachecard on the way to a colleague in the US, so I am sure I'll be asking some more questions shortly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
:):):):):)

Just read this, after the best part of 2 days struggling with Tivo being really slow and failing to process guide data after a disk replacement from a new lba48 image.

I too thought that this meant I could skip the copykern command. I didn't notice that it also created the swap area.

Just pulled the disk and have reimaged and run copykern on it. Everything is much faster now, all the menus are responsive and the guide data is downloading now.

At first I thought that there was a problem with one of the hacks I'd reinstalled or that the PSU was struggling due to the larger disk (I'd even ordered a new PSU yesterday, at least I'll have a spare now!).

Happy again now. Thanks blindlemon :D
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top