The funniest exchange ever involving 'Marco Polo'

·
Number crunchin'
38,058 Posts
RoundBoy said:
Wow... no thread? The episode was a so so one... but 2 big things:

Henry let slip that beverly did something to Kim

The funniest exchange ever involving 'Marco Polo'
I laughed so much over the game of Marco Marco that then became a game of Polo Polo. :up:

·
Ignore this!
3,221 Posts
I always knew "organic" food was worse for you than regular food. ;)

:up: from me ... no Matt Frewer! I forget his character's name since I hit mute every time he is onscreen.

·
Meh.
41,267 Posts
ParadiseDave said:
:up: from me ... no Matt Frewer! I forget his character's name since I hit mute every time he is onscreen.
Thank you, Jesus! I used to shake my fist in anger whenever his character would get close to Jo.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
We love this episode too ("Marco" "Marco" "Marco"). :D

I'm hoping the fact that we have seen Matt Frewer's character means the character was quietly retired. I kind of hope we see Beverly back at some point though.

·
a rkester says what?
14,221 Posts
It did have some funny moments. But the whole "everyone acts stoned" thing was kind of stupid if you ask me.

However, since I give the show a lot of freeground to be stupid, I just let it slide. Cause, well, it's a fun show regardless of the silly things that they do on it. :)

·
Seasoned gas passer
12,970 Posts
rkester said:
It did have some funny moments. But the whole "everyone acts stoned" thing was kind of stupid if you ask me....
Stoned?! :eek:

Did I miss the hookah? :D

·
a rkester says what?
14,221 Posts
That IS how they were acting. Staring off into space, not capable of thinking quickly, laughing at stupid cartoons, having the munchies.

I even thought that they were going to make it something like that, where whatever had happened was releasing something in them that made them stoned.

Shouldn't they have saved the stoner episdoe for the 4th season, episode 20?

:D

·
Save the Moderatоr
57,218 Posts
Does anything ever go right and do they ever actually discover/invent something actually useful that actually gets used outside of Eureka itself? I'm getting pretty bored with the disaster-of-the-week format.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
dswallow said:
Does anything ever go right and do they ever actually discover/invent something actually useful that actually gets used outside of Eureka itself? I'm getting pretty bored with the disaster-of-the-week format.
Then I think you're missing the point of the show. It's kind of like the folks who constantly complained because the skits on Studio 60 weren't funny. The comedy and interest is in the characters and the way they react, not the devices. I'm pretty sure Discovery Channel has something on inventions and how they get to market. That might be more to your liking.

I couldn't even tell you the thing or disaster of each week, but I can remember character reactions and developments.

·
Save the Moderatоr
57,218 Posts
pkscout said:
Then I think you're missing the point of the show. It's kind of like the folks who constantly complained because the skits on Studio 60 weren't funny. The comedy and interest is in the characters and the way they react, not the devices. I'm pretty sure Discovery Channel has something on inventions and how they get to market. That might be more to your liking.

I couldn't even tell you the thing or disaster of each week, but I can remember character reactions and developments.
I'm not missing the point at all. But there's no good reason character development has to occur surrounding a disaster-of-the-week instead of one of many other sorts of situations. Did we ever get anywhere with the whole subplot from last season surrounding the woman who owned the guest house?

The show's becoming a one-trick pony.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dswallow said:
I'm not missing the point at all. But there's no good reason character development has to occur surrounding a disaster-of-the-week instead of one of many other sorts of situations. Did we ever get anywhere with the whole subplot from last season surrounding the woman who owned the guest house?

The show's becoming a one-trick pony.
i think you are missing the point. Her name is 'Beverly', and there have been VERY big plot points on that now:

1) Discovery by henry that she most likely caused Kim's death
2) Henry altering the timeline , and then Carter's memory of that
3) beverly called away for a 'meeting' with her handler
4) Henry just admitting to Carter that beverly had something to do with kims death, and has been keeping much from him.

No good character development? You weren't liking the carter-zoe interactions around the IQ, or his dead girlfriend? Or the redemption of the name 'Fargo' as being equal to 'idiot'?

Stark & Allison getting closer while Carter remembered a 5 year long relationship with her? Not interesting?

Maybe you are watching a different show, but its easier to know whats going on with the characters when you know what their names are...

·
Save the Moderatоr
57,218 Posts
RoundBoy said:
i think you are missing the point. Her name is 'Beverly', and there have been VERY big plot points on that now:

1) Discovery by henry that she most likely caused Kim's death
2) Henry altering the timeline , and then Carter's memory of that
3) beverly called away for a 'meeting' with her handler
4) Henry just admitting to Carter that beverly had something to do with kims death, and has been keeping much from him.

No good character development? You weren't liking the carter-zoe interactions around the IQ, or his dead girlfriend? Or the redemption of the name 'Fargo' as being equal to 'idiot'?

Stark & Allison getting closer while Carter remembered a 5 year long relationship with her? Not interesting?

Maybe you are watching a different show, but its easier to know whats going on with the characters when you know what their names are...
Now you're missing the point; all those "character developments" occurred surrounding disaster-of-the-week plot lines.

·
Seasoned gas passer
12,970 Posts
dswallow said:
Now you're missing the point; all those "character developments" occurred surrounding disaster-of-the-week plot lines.
You know, if you ever have anything positive to say in these threads, would you please warn us first so we don't have a heart attack? :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts