TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
EvilMidniteBombr said:
Much better than the premier.

Interesting solution.

Umm, A few hours into his confinement, Fargo said that he really had to use the bathroom. Did he "go" and if he went, where did it go?

Also, you would think as smart as all of these people at GD are, that they would be able to back up their computers a little faster than 8 hours. I'm just sayin'
These aren't Dells. These are super advanced Global Dynamics computers. ;)

A couple of things about the episode:
Didn't Fargo just finish using the restroom just before turning on the device? And he has to go again after 2 hours? Did he just drink a ton of coffee that morning or something?

Obviously the force field was letting nothing in or out. It obviously could repel liquid as we saw when he washed his hands. I would assume it was air tight too. So at the start, his field was about two inches away from his body. That does not seem like enough air to last several hours.

Again, assuming the force field was air tight, when it was expanding, it would have been creating a vaccuum. Fargo would have died from that alone.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Fleegle said:
Since it was designed as a personal force-field, say for a soldier, I'd assume it was permeable to air. Otherwise, the soldiers would have to bring a SCUBA tank on every mission.

In fact, we can be certain that it was air-permeable because it was sound permeable. Sound requires matter to transmit, and we could certainly hear Fargo...
OK, I guess that is reasonable. We can assume that the force field was not vibrating to conduct the sound so it had to be air. So I guess if I was an evil dictator all I would need to do now is make sure I had enough killer gas to counteract all these super soldiers with personal forcefields. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.