TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
21,148 Posts
Allison's master password: 8675309

Heh. The wikipedia entry for 8675309 has already been updated.

ETA: The wikipedia actually had 2 entries for it due to wikismeeking. I deleted one of them.

·
Save the Moderatоr
57,470 Posts
JETarpon said:

ETA: The wikipedia actually had 2 entries for it due to wikismeeking. I deleted one of them.
Funny I didn't even notice what the number was, only that it was created by going up diagonally along 3 different rows of numbers. I'd never noticed that about 867-5309 either. :)

·
what bomz at midnite
1,718 Posts
Much better than the premier.

Interesting solution.

Umm, A few hours into his confinement, Fargo said that he really had to use the bathroom. Did he "go" and if he went, where did it go?

Also, you would think as smart as all of these people at GD are, that they would be able to back up their computers a little faster than 8 hours. I'm just sayin'

·
Registered
835 Posts
EvilMidniteBombr said:

Interesting solution.

Umm, A few hours into his confinement, Fargo said that he really had to use the bathroom. Did he "go" and if he went, where did it go?

Also, you would think as smart as all of these people at GD are, that they would be able to back up their computers a little faster than 8 hours. I'm just sayin'
These aren't Dells. These are super advanced Global Dynamics computers. ;)

A couple of things about the episode:
Didn't Fargo just finish using the restroom just before turning on the device? And he has to go again after 2 hours? Did he just drink a ton of coffee that morning or something?

Obviously the force field was letting nothing in or out. It obviously could repel liquid as we saw when he washed his hands. I would assume it was air tight too. So at the start, his field was about two inches away from his body. That does not seem like enough air to last several hours.

Again, assuming the force field was air tight, when it was expanding, it would have been creating a vaccuum. Fargo would have died from that alone.

·
Chef-In-Training
7,349 Posts
Since it was designed as a personal force-field, say for a soldier, I'd assume it was permeable to air. Otherwise, the soldiers would have to bring a SCUBA tank on every mission.

In fact, we can be certain that it was air-permeable because it was sound permeable. Sound requires matter to transmit, and we could certainly hear Fargo...

·
Registered
835 Posts
Fleegle said:
Since it was designed as a personal force-field, say for a soldier, I'd assume it was permeable to air. Otherwise, the soldiers would have to bring a SCUBA tank on every mission.

In fact, we can be certain that it was air-permeable because it was sound permeable. Sound requires matter to transmit, and we could certainly hear Fargo...
OK, I guess that is reasonable. We can assume that the force field was not vibrating to conduct the sound so it had to be air. So I guess if I was an evil dictator all I would need to do now is make sure I had enough killer gas to counteract all these super soldiers with personal forcefields. :D

·
Chef-In-Training
7,349 Posts
laststarfighter said:
OK, I guess that is reasonable. We can assume that the force field was not vibrating to conduct the sound so it had to be air. So I guess if I was an evil dictator all I would need to do now is make sure I had enough killer gas to counteract all these super soldiers with personal forcefields. :D
That's what gas masks are for! ;)

I imagine Fargo's first stop would be the nearest bathroom! :D

·
Drew != Drawn
4,862 Posts
JETarpon said:

Did it bug anyone else that Allison didn't have to confirm her password? ;)

·
Drew != Drawn
4,862 Posts
EvilMidniteBombr said:

Interesting solution.

I really wanted to know why they didn't schedule the handover from Stark to Allison at a more reasonable hour for a shutdown, like at 6 PM. Everyone knows you perform backups and shutdowns overnight, so you minimize impact on the day shift!

·
Hi. What is this?
11,758 Posts
drew2k said:
I really wanted to know why they didn't schedule the handover from Stark to Allison at a more reasonable hour for a shutdown, like at 6 PM. Everyone knows you perform backups and shutdowns overnight, so you minimize impact on the day shift!
Yeah, I was wondering why they didn't do it at 6pm on a Friday.

·
Drew != Drawn
4,862 Posts
I forgot something else that I should have posted last week: How about the new sets at Global Dynamics??? I'm sure they were expensive, especially all those pointless steps INSIDE the front door to get to the lobby area.

·
Grey Warden Reject
4,312 Posts
JETarpon said:

Clicking on the password link in safari on my iphone makes it ask me if I want to call the number. That's odd behavior even for safari.

·
Auteur
54,422 Posts
Sadara said:
Interesting episode!!

Did I actually see the psychiatrist planting a bug or something in Henry's garage/lab area? Or did I see that incorrectly?
She was planting (or retrieving) something from Kim's work area before the accident. It wasn't in Henry's garage.

·
Drew != Drawn
4,862 Posts
IndyJones1023 said:
She was planting (or retrieving) something from Kim's work area before the accident. It wasn't in Henry's garage.
The video was playing in Henry's garage/lab area, so ... I guess it's 50/50 where she was seen planting the bug. ;)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.