TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Still full of it.
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all... I just thought I'd post a problem I experienced with my TTG v2.3a earlier today, as well as the simple fix that seems to be working (for me) (for now). I searched and found a similar error being reported back in late 2005 with v.2 but those fixes didn't work exactly for me. However, I did use elements of some of what I found to get back up & running.

Also, let me mention that there's also a fix out there from late '06 that involves some registry edits, but I'm not smart enough for all that.

So here's what happened. Double-clicked the TiVo Desktop Icon & it began to load, then gave me an "Unable to start Tivo Desktop Element Not Found" error & froze the rest of the program startup.

Long story short after some searches online, I found myself in the 'Documents and Settings/Owner/Local Settings/Application Data/TiVo Desktop' folder. In there, I deleted the "Cookies" file & tried to load my TiVo Desktop again- this time it started right up.

Hope this helps someone. And that it works for me if this happens again.

Now if someone could fix THIS so I can unload my chock-full TiVo...

·
Still full of it.
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alessan said:
this has been discussed many times before
Thanks for the reply, and for being so incredibly concise.

However, the few threads that came up when I searced for the phrase "element not found" were referenced in my post. And none of them included the fix I described that worked for me.

Just trying to contribute to the forum, have a great day!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.