TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

· Grey Warden Reject
4,182 Posts
Rob Helmerichs said:
The difference being, Vince doesn't seem to have any ability to recognize a good script, and E does.
I believe that both Vince and E thought Medellin was a good script. Vince has wanted to do Medellin since before Aquaman.

Do they even have a studio willing to do the distribution for the movie? I want Medellin to be successful but I'm just not sure that's possible. Of course, every Hollywood star is allowed a couple bombs in the box office. With Vince, however, he seems to have his priorities all mixed up.

· Registered
1,125 Posts
If you remember (with the Harvey Weingard thing), Walsh and Vince decided to hold off on selling it - getting distribution - until after Cannes.

Blade Runner meets Field of Dreams. Hah! This show is so foul when they mock the Hollywood process...

· Registered
61 Posts
Sirius Black said:
I believe that both Vince and E thought Medellin was a good script. Vince has wanted to do Medellin since before Aquaman.

Do they even have a studio willing to do the distribution for the movie? I want Medellin to be successful but I'm just not sure that's possible. Of course, every Hollywood star is allowed a couple bombs in the box office. With Vince, however, he seems to have his priorities all mixed up.
They both loved the script, but E hated the cut by Billy where Vince loved it. If it bombs, it will show Vince that he needs to listen to E. Of course E will be too busy with Anna (either as manager,boyfriend or both) to give Vince the attention he needs.

Jeff

· Registered
New Custom Title
82,088 Posts
Sirius Black said:
Are there really places in the hills of Los Angeles where there isn't a cell phone signal? Anyone know where that location was?
Rob Helmerichs said:
Yeah, that's kind of hard to believe.
It's very, very common. Lost cell signals is practically a staple of Los Angeles life.

The location looked familiar to me, off hand I'm gonna guess Griffith Park.

· All About Footwork
29,914 Posts
spikedavis said:
Oh I simply can not stand Billy Walsh. This show used to be so fun but now it's so annoying!!
I was happy that Walsh messed up...I thought that was how we would finally see the last of him...now it looks like he'll be even more in the picture (pardon the pun)...

I don't like Walsh at all...

this show needs nudity...

· Registered
230 Posts
Rob Helmerichs said:
That was exactly my point. Important in the sense that everybody was depending on him, and in his absence everything fell apart, and interesting that when Ari stopped depending on him, things turned out perfectly.
I'm not sure that "perfectly" is a great description here. If E had been there, they might have ended up ditching Billy (a great idea) and going with the new director using the original concept, Clouds (which was Ari's original idea, but he couldn't sell without E's support).

Instead they are committed to this new script which neither Dana nor Ari has read. And Vince has shown in the past that he doesn't have the best judgment on scripts. So for all we know this script is horrible.

And it's looking like Medellin will be a bomb. So if Medellin tanks and all support for Vince/Walsh disappears, and they have a script with problems, that's not exactly a great situation.

· TCF Bookie
9,474 Posts
I like Billy. The fact that some people dislike him so much really just makes me like him more. The show needs someone to stir the pot.

I thought the episode was alright. You could see that Anna's boyfriend was going to be a giant bag of ****** from 10 miles away though.
This episode was really just for starting the conflicts that will happen with E taking on another client when it relates to Vince needing him.

I think that E and Anna will start a "romantic" relationship now, and as previously predicted, it will all come to a head in the season finale.

· All About Footwork
29,914 Posts
MasterOfPuppets said:
I like Billy. The fact that some people dislike him so much really just makes me like him more. The show needs someone to stir the pot.
He's not disliked because he stirs the pot...he's disliked because he's not believable...people like that don't exist usually and so it seems contrived and forced...

· TCF Bookie
9,474 Posts
I don't know that people watch the show for its stunning realism.
AFAIK, Billy's really only worked with Vince and crew, especially in semi-recent history. He doesn't want to be a big star, wants to remain an "indie" type director...it doesn't seem THAT far-fetched.

Highlight of the most recent episode was definitely "Shut the f*** up, Lloyd!"

· Registered
New Custom Title
82,088 Posts
Anubys said:
He's not disliked because he stirs the pot...he's disliked because he's not believable...people like that don't exist usually and so it seems contrived and forced...
There are quite a few crazier examples.

Tony Kaye comes to mind:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Kaye_(director)
http://www.cinematical.com/2007/06/11/tony-kaye-sits-down-to-talk-about-his-insane-career/

I have also heard stories about how stubborn and megalomanical Paul Thomas Anderson can be... and given his relationship with Entourage's exec producer (and inspiration?) Mark Wahlberg ... directing him in his breakout role, Boogie Nights, it stands to reason that perhaps Billy is based on some sliver of truth...

· Registered
1,679 Posts
Fofer said:
There are quite a few crazier examples.

Tony Kaye comes to mind:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Kaye_(director)
http://www.cinematical.com/2007/06/11/tony-kaye-sits-down-to-talk-about-his-insane-career/

I have also heard stories about how stubborn and megalomanical Paul Thomas Anderson can be... and given his relationship with Entourage's exec producer (and inspiration?) Mark Wahlberg ... directing him in his breakout role, Boogie Nights, it stands to reason that perhaps Billy is based on some sliver of truth...
You'll also notice that Tony Kaye's antics basically had him drummed out of the business. Billy Walsh keeps doing incredibly annoying things and keeps landing on his feet thanks to Vince and E. It has to stop!!

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.