TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

· Registered
8,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the big categories... discuss...

Outstanding Comedy Series
Entourage
The Office
30 Rock
Two And A Half Men
Ugly Betty

Outstanding Lead Actor In A Comedy Series
Extras Ricky Gervais as Andy Millman
Monk Tony Shalhoub as Adrian Monk
The Office Steve Carell as Michael Scott
30 Rock Alec Baldwin as Jack Donaghy
Two And A Half Men Charlie Sheen as Charlie Harper

Outstanding Lead Actress In A Comedy Series
Desperate Housewives Felicity Huffman as Lynette Scavo
The New Adventures Of Old Christine Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Christine Campbell
30 Rock Tina Fey as Liz Lemon
Ugly Betty America Ferrera as Betty Suarez
Weeds Mary-Louise Parker as Nancy Botwin

Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Comedy Series
Entourage Kevin Dillon as Johnny Drama
Entourage Jeremy Piven as Ari Gold
How I Met Your Mother Neil Patrick Harris as Barney Stinson
The Office Rainn Wilson as Dwight Schrute
Two And A Half Men Jon Cryer as Alan Harper

Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Comedy Series
My Name Is Earl Jaime Pressly as Joy Turner
The Office Jenna Fischer as Pam Beesly
Two And A Half Men Holland Taylor as Evelyn Harper
Two And A Half Men Conchata Ferrell as Berta
Ugly Betty Vanessa Williams as Wilhelmina Slater
Weeds Elizabeth Perkins as Celia Hodes

Outstanding Drama Series
Boston Legal
Grey’s Anatomy
Heroes
House
The Sopranos

Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series
Boston Legal James Spader as Alan Shore
House Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House
Rescue Me Denis Leary as Tommy Gavin
The Sopranos James Gandolfini as Tony Soprano
24 Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer

Outstanding Lead Actress In A Drama Series
Brothers & Sisters Sally Field as Nora Walker
The Closer Kyra Sedgwick as Dep. Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
Medium Patricia Arquette as Allison Dubois
The Riches Minnie Driver as Dahlia Malloy
The Sopranos Edie Falco as Carmela Soprano

Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Drama Series
Boston Legal William Shatner as Denny Crane
Grey’s Anatomy T.R. Knight as George
Heroes Masi Oka as Hiro Nakamura
Lost Michael Emerson as Ben
Lost Terry O’Quinn as John Locke
The Sopranos Michael Imperioli as Christopher Moltisanti

Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Drama Series
Brothers & Sisters Rachel Griffiths as Sarah Whedon
Grey’s Anatomy Katherine Heigl as Isobel “Izzie” Stevens
Grey’s Anatomy Chandra Wilson as Dr. Bailey
Grey’s Anatomy Sandra Oh as Cristina Yang
The Sopranos Aida Turturro as Janice Soprano
The Sopranos Lorraine Bracco as Dr. Jennifer Melfi

Outstanding Reality Program
Antiques Roadshow
Dog Whisperer With Cesar Millan
Extreme Makeover Home Edition
Kathy Griffin: My Life On The D-List
Penn & Teller: ********!

Outstanding Reality-Competition Program
The Amazing Race
American Idol
Dancing With The Stars
Project Runway
Top Chef

EDIT: to add the Reality categories

· tcf junior member
5,127 Posts
Are they just on autopilot by nominating the Sopranos? Was Melfi even in this season more than a few seconds and get nominated?? And Janice WTF??? The best ending to the whole Sopranos debacle that was the last season is for them to win nothing!!

· Registered
8,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree on Minnie Driver and the Sopranos. I always thought Aida deserved a nomination but probably not for this season. Although she was good during the episode at the cabin. I agree with Melfi... she barely appeared this season!

The Drama noms are the biggest disappointment. But I'm glad there are a few good ones... like Ben from Lost, TR Knight, Brothers & Sisters and Denis Leary.

I love that the actors from The Office got some recognition this year too! And Johnny Drama! VICTORY! :)

· Debates Ghee vs Gi
26,079 Posts
Considering the list we saw earlier of the potential nominees, I see a lot of pleasant surprises. The lead actor/actress and supporting actor in comedy is a pretty good list. It's great to see Ricky Gervais nominated. Dennis Leary & Minnie Driver, good nods to good shows. Is the shield ineligible due to air dates?

I just don't get how two and a half men is nominated. Then again, I don't get how anyone likes it at all. The other comedies nominated are wayyyyyy better, IMO.

· Excellent.
24,598 Posts
TAsunder said:
I just don't get how two and a half men is nominated. Then again, I don't get how anyone likes it at all. The other comedies nominated are wayyyyyy better, IMO.
Several not-nominated comedies are better. My Name is Earl for example, and on most days, Scrubs. NBC's entire Thursday night comedy block is Emmy consideration-worthy.

My WTF is Boston Legal. Really? This show is actually better than Lost or Friday Night Lights or Veronica Mars or...? Come on.

· All better
13,605 Posts
I am giving up on the Emmy's they just can't get right where as the TV critics awards get it right every year but of course they watch way more TV than the morons at the Emmy's.

No FNL, no Lost, no Elizabeth Mitchell and no Michael C. Hall? WTF?

And more boring crap like Spader and Shatner and that crappy Boston Legal show along with Shaloub? Just mind boggling.

· Registered
2,384 Posts
*sniff* No Veronica Mars love.

I need a hug.

Other than that oversight, kudos to The Office, Heroes, 30 Rock, Entourage, and Neil Patrick Harris (and c'mon?! You nominate him but not the series?!).

· All better
13,605 Posts
I kind of understand VM and most of it is because they were on the CW and ain't no show on that channel going to get love.

· She likes cheese.
4,484 Posts
The Emmy nominations are just as embarrassing this year as they are every year.

I enjoy Heroes, but I can't believe that anyone who has seen every episode of Heroes and every episode of Friday Night Lights would choose the superheroes over the Dillon Panthers as best drama.

The almost total shut-out of FNL is a travesty. It's the best show on network TV, much better than Heroes and Grey's Anatomy, and even better than Lost imho (which I also think is better than Heroes and GA). Emmy voters are apparently totally in love with the soapy and silly GA, though, so it appears to be a lost cause. :(

On the plus side, I'm glad to see nominations for Tina Fey, Alec Baldwin, Jenna Fischer and Rainn Wilson. I wish that John Krasinski could have sneaked in there with Johnny Drama, but I can't really argue with the nominees in that category. Drama and Barney are both due.

· Statistical outlier
12,830 Posts
Charlie Sheen AND Jon Cryer? Really? HOW did that show scrape seven nods?! :down:

I was expecting to at least see Connie Britton in there from FNL. Absolutely ridiculous.

Happy to see NPH in there.

Nice to see all the Brothers and Sisters love.

Michael C. Hall got screwed. :mad:

And I'm apparently not the only one who fails to comprehend the unwavering adoration shown to Grey's. :confused:

· Series 3
27,145 Posts
Magnolia88 said:
On the plus side, I'm glad to see nominations for Tina Fey, Alec Baldwin, Jenna Fischer and Rainn Wilson. I wish that John Krasinski could have sneaked in there with Johnny Drama, but I can't really argue with the nominees in that category. Drama and Barney are both due.
Agreed except for Fey. There were a number of times I found her unwatchable in 30 Rock and Baldwin blows her away acting wise.
Fischer deserves an Emmy just for her last scene of the season alone.

I thought Boston Legal was a comedy?

I do think that there's going to be a lot sympathy voting for the Sopranos

· Football is Good
34 Posts
There can be no way to please everyone because so much variety on TV.

My .02 opinion is they did a much better job this years then in recent history. The only real category I thought was totally butchered was supporting actress in a drama as my opinions on the Soprano actors are the same as others and three Grey's actresses is a bit too much for me.

Elizabeth Mitchell for Lost and Polly Walker for Rome certainly were deserving.

· tcf junior member
5,127 Posts
Neenahboy said:
And I'm apparently not the only one who fails to comprehend the unwavering adoration shown to Grey's. :confused:
It's the same as their love for Soprano's. I just love how everyone is justifying the noms for Sopranos because they deserve it because it is their last year?? WTF??? :down:

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.