TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a terrible time trying to get a good 4 digit code that will let a TiVo remote control an Element 32" LCD television.

So far I have tried all of the Element codes listed on the TiVo setup page, to no avail.

I have even tried codes under other brands - ProView, Westinghouse, Seiki. No luck there either.

This isn't critical as I have a cheap universal remote that works, along with an Amazon FireTV stick remote that can turn off/on the television.

I searched all over the web and the only thing I can find related to TiVo and this particular television set is this thread: Remote code for Element TV?

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
I am having a terrible time trying to get a good 4 digit code that will let a TiVo remote control an Element 32" LCD television.

So far I have tried all of the Element codes listed on the TiVo setup page, to no avail.

I have even tried codes under other brands - ProView, Westinghouse, Seiki. No luck there either.

This isn't critical as I have a cheap universal remote that works, along with an Amazon FireTV stick remote that can turn off/on the television.

I searched all over the web and the only thing I can find related to TiVo and this particular television set is this thread: Remote code for Element TV?
I don't know if this would work for your Tivo remote or not,
https://support.tivo.com/articles/F...the-Learning-Feature-of-TiVo-Learning-Remotes

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Try Insignia brand. I've noticed their code is also used for other 'generic' type brands.

Or, download the Code List from Comcast (or another provider) and see if you can see a duplicate that might work.

Also, the Search Feature isn't really that bad to perform.

-KP

·
Remote Czar
6,891 Posts
Is this a true TiVo, or cable TiVo? They use different tv code lists.

The cheap universal what brand is it and what is the code it uses in it? In the universal remote its tv list, make a note of all brands using the code the element responds to, check the same brand's codes in the TiVo remote.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The remote is labeled "XTREME" which I assume is Mediacom's current branding for their services/packages.

Over lunch today I tried code 1309 and it works! The input button doesn't work, but that is expected as it requires a down arrow push on the universal remote to change the choice.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I searched through the manual for the cable version of the remote and code 1309 shows up for Emerson, Sansui, and Seiki as well as Element.

I may try some codes from those other brands on a retail TiVo remote and see what happens.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I tried programming the input separately and same result - input menu shows up but does not advance through the list.

I also tried all of the codes listed for Element televisions. Code 1279 does the input and power, but not volume. Code 1340 does input/power/volume.

Going to try a regular retail TiVo remote next.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Using the remote codes from my retail Roamio running TE3 under the Seiki brand, code 0381 will control input/power/volume. Code 0383 will do input and power, but not volume.

Even more interesting, I have two remotes for my Roamio - the one that came with it and another for RCN (eBay purchase). Depending on which remote used will change the codes given on the screen.

Attached are some screenshots.

Output device Television Television set Gadget Flat panel display
Output device World Television set Font Television

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I moved this 32" Element TV from my garage into the basement, and connected it up to a Bolt Vox. Amazingly enough the remote codes listed for Element actually worked, I ended up using code 0381.

Naturally the 43" TCL TV that replaced this Element TV, a TCL Roku 43S431, did not show any correct codes on the eBox. I believe I had to use an Insignia remote code to get it to turn off/on the TV.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts