TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
TiVowner since 1999
838 Posts
I must be in the minority. Since the Edge was released, I've owned 4 of them, 2 cable and 2 OTA, and I've had far fewer issues with them than I've had with 3 Bolts over the years.

My two cable Edges are still working in new homes, AFAIK. My two OTA Edges have been trouble free for over a year.

Hope I haven't jinxed myself now! :)

·
TiVowner since 1999
838 Posts
In every other respect, they are identical. Well... except that the Edge is available with a 2TB drive instead of the max 1TB that came with the Bolt. But... if you search my other posts... you'll see how easy it is to upgrade the Bolt to as much as 16TB.
Not taking sides, but just to set the record straight, here's what Ted Malone (one time TiVo VP) had to say about the differences between the Edge and the Bolt, as reported by Dave Zatz:

"Main differences are faster CPU (BCM 7278), more RAM (4GB vs 3GB on BOLT), USB 3.0, Dolby Vision. Also, we will be able to support Dolby AC4 audio natively, where on BOLT we would have to do this decode on the CPU. […] Air flow is dramatically improved vs. BOLT [yet] it should be much quieter."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts