TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning just got my new edge, trying to locate the infrared sensor on it (can't seem to find the light or bulb even with a flashlight). I have to attach a remote sensor for my J-Tech IR extender on the Edge (edge is in closet, tv is in Den 25 feet away.) Thanks.

· in the other Alabama
20,956 Posts
It's simpler to hit the down button. I would get a something that blocks IR, like a black SD card, and move it across the box until the amber LED no longer responds. I found the Mini VOX sensor is just to the left of the power LED that way. I guess you know that the remote should have a red LED when testing.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's simpler to hit the down button. I would get a something that blocks IR, like a black SD card, and move it across the box until the amber LED no longer responds. I found the Mini VOX sensor is just to the left of the power LED that way. I guess you know that the remote should have a red LED when testing.
It appear th sensor keeps moving - we find it, tape up the IR sensor to the TIVO Edge, then it stops working. Then when we retry it doesn't work at all - very weird as it worked on the Bolt no issues.

· Registered
205 Posts
The entire Edge plastic case is not completely opaque. With an insanely bright light, the stuff inside is visible. On mine, there appears to be what looks a whole lot like a typical IR receiver-type element that is exactly one inch to the right of the TIVO logo on the front, on some standoffs that hold it a few millimeters above the motherboard.

· Registered
1 Posts
Morning just got my new edge, trying to locate the infrared sensor on it (can't seem to find the light or bulb even with a flashlight). I have to attach a remote sensor for my J-Tech IR extender on the Edge (edge is in closet, tv is in Den 25 feet away.) Thanks.
When remote is activated a yellow light blinks next to the green light. This is the IR sensor. Works with my remote wireless emmitter. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts