TiVo Community Forum banner
141 - 160 of 2640 Posts

·
Super Moderator
55,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
When I open that page and go to the same folder it says "initating transfer please wait" on the video in the queue.
So it sounds like pyTivo is having trouble downloading the file. Are you trying to save to a folder that requires permissions? Could your firewall be blocking pyTivo for some reason? Windows built in firewall should ask for permission the first time pyTivo launches. But if you're using another firewall, like Norton, then you may need to open it up manually.

·
Super Moderator
55,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Are you using the decrypt or save txt options? If so open the task manager and look for tivodecode or tdcat running. If they are kill them. They might be holding on to the file and preventing pyTivo from working.

·
Super Moderator
55,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Yeah I'm able to reproduce this only when I have the decrypt option enabled. Seems that the part of pyTivo that launches tivodecode is having an issue. I'll look at it and see if I can figure out why. Only happens sometimes though, so that's strange.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just transfered the same video to the folder using kmttg so I don't think it's a permission issue. Also I'm using Windows 10 firewall. Tivodecode and tdcat are not running. Although I have Tivo Desktop server paused there are files associated with it still running such as tivo transfer. Could there be a conflict with TiVo Desktop?

·
Super Moderator
55,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Just transfered the same video to the folder using kmttg so I don't think it's a permission issue. Also I'm using Windows 10 firewall. Tivodecode and tdcat are not running. Although I have Tivo Desktop server paused there are files associated with it still running such as tivo transfer. Could there be a conflict with TiVo Desktop?
Are you using the decrypt or save as txt options?

·
Super Moderator
55,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
So you had all 3 boxes checked? That's the problem. The version of tivodecode I include with the package doesn't work with TS files. So you can't have both the TS option and the decrypt options checked at the same time.

In the next release I'm going to update the version of tivodecode I include in the package so this isn't an issue. Although from what I understand the version of tivodecode that supports ts is not 100% and can introduce some corruption into the file, so it's probably still not something that should be used. But at least it wont crash.

·
Registered
27,658 Posts
So you had all 3 boxes checked? That's the problem. The version of tivodecode I include with the package doesn't work with TS files. So you can't have both the TS option and the decrypt options checked at the same time.

In the next release I'm going to update the version of tivodecode I include in the package so this isn't an issue. Although from what I understand the version of tivodecode that supports ts is not 100% and can introduce some corruption into the file, so it's probably still not something that should be used. But at least it wont crash.
I haven't installed yet, but for some of us who are TS-understanding challenged, it might make sense to put some warning, etc. there, if not there already.

·
Super Moderator
55,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
I'm packaging up another version right now. (running some tests before I post) In this one I've added a warning that these two options are not recommended to be used together. I've also added an error that will prevent you from using them together unless you manually set the tivodecode path to a version that is compatible with TS files. I did some reading and tivodecode with TS support does not work very well so I don't want people to use this combination unless they really, really, want to and know the consequences.

I've also made a few minor fixes to the main pyTivo code to prevent certain errors from crashing the server.

I've also added an about dialog to the menu so people can see the version number. (and my name :))

·
Super Moderator
55,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
Still not finding the Tivo. Shutdown the computer and restarted. On version 1.5.2
That's most likely a firewall problem. Just as a quick test try temporarily disabling your firewall and see if finds the TiVos with it pff. If it does you'll need to go into the firewall settings and add exceptions for the pytivo.exe file in the install directory so it can get through.

·
Registered
66 Posts
That's most likely a firewall problem. Just as a quick test try temporarily disabling your firewall and see if finds the TiVos with it pff. If it does you'll need to go into the firewall settings and add exceptions for the pytivo.exe file in the install directory so it can get through.
Windows firewall turned off. Still cannot find Tivo. Kmttg is working fine.

·
Super Moderator
55,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
That's odd. Did you ever have pyTiVo installed before this? Double check the settings and make sure the zeroconf setting is set to Auto. If it is try both of the other options and see if they help at all.

Kmttg isn't running at the same time is it? I'm not sure if they cause any sort of conflict with eachother.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just downloaded this, secretly hoping for a push resolution. I really only push from the PC (but now pull from Tivo). All seems well though. I did notice one behavioral difference in that with regular pytivo, you can drill down on a mounted share whereas this one does not allow it. But, I can add multiple shares with this one. (Just reporting what I see, not asking for anything).

In the download, your files are on OneDrive. The pyTivo_setup_1.5.2.exe file is set to anyone Can Edit. I might have uploaded my favorite virus. (I didn't). Everything else is Can View.

·
Super Moderator
55,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
I just downloaded this, secretly hoping for a push resolution. I really only push from the PC (but now pull from Tivo). All seems well though. I did notice one behavioral difference in that with regular pytivo, you can drill down on a mounted share whereas this one does not allow it. But, I can add multiple shares with this one. (Just reporting what I see, not asking for anything).
What exactly do you mean by "drill down on a mounted share"? This is basically just a UI to pyTivo, so anything it supports this should support, just not all the options are exposed mainly for simplicity. If you want you can still manually edit the options using the pyTivo web interface by going to http://localhost:9032 in a browser. (you'd need to change the port if you changed it in the options)

In the download, your files are on OneDrive. The pyTivo_setup_1.5.2.exe file is set to anyone Can Edit. I might have uploaded my favorite virus. (I didn't). Everything else is Can View.
Thanks for pointing that out. I've modified the permissions. I'm planning on creating a real website for this so I can ditch OneDrive. My Dad has a business account where he gets unlimited websites, so he said he could host it. I just have to buy a domain. (which I'm looking at right now)

·
Registered
134 Posts
What exactly do you mean by "drill down on a mounted share"? This is basically just a UI to pyTivo, so anything it supports this should support, just not all the options are exposed mainly for simplicity. If you want you can still manually edit the options using the pyTivo web interface by going to http://localhost:9032 in a browser. (you'd need to change the port if you changed it in the options)
On my PC, I have a folder called "Tivo Movies", then in that directory, I have a folder called "Shows". I used to have just one directory, but with the clunky pull interface, I pull shows from the Shows directory up one level to act as a quick access directory. (In other words, top level directory has 50ish files while next level down has >600). With pyTivo I see "shows" show up when I open the Tivo Movies share. I can select from the quick list, or drill down to the directory shows and find everything.

After retesting, I found the discrepancy. The difference is that the sort order changed. With pyTivo classic, the directory was at the top of the list and the shows were alphabetically sorted. With new pyTivo, the directory is there, but mingled in the show listing and shows up alphabetically. I looked for this before reporting, but missed it in my haste.

·
Registered
66 Posts
That's odd. Did you ever have pyTiVo installed before this? Double check the settings and make sure the zeroconf setting is set to Auto. If it is try both of the other options and see if they help at all.

Kmttg isn't running at the same time is it? I'm not sure if they cause any sort of conflict with eachother.
Set Zeroconf to On and it sees the TIVO... Kmttg does not seem to interfere... Thanks

141 - 160 of 2640 Posts