TiVo Community Forum banner
1381 - 1400 of 2629 Posts

·
Registered
9,461 Posts
you said "use tivo online" I don't see the way to transfer from my PC to my Roamio using tivo online, only to/from my other Tivo
You can't. You can use Tivo online to transfer between different tivo dvrs on your account, but currently the only way to view from your PC on a Tivo running Hydra is via Plex
Yes. What I was trying to say ts that you can't even do a TiVo to TiVo transfer to a unit running Hydra except via TiVo Online.

·
Super Moderator
59,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,387 ·
I actually think a published API to allow the tivo website online transfer protocol to be accessed would allow the push functionality to be restored and accomplish 90% of what is being asked for without significant UI updates or changes to the software on the boxes.
Without an official product that supports PC -> TiVo transfers I doubt they're going to put any effort into that. They have mostly looked the other way with community development, but they've never actively supported it. Hell I tried to contact them to get an official key for the mind/RPC protocol and they said there is no one left at TiVo that even deals with that.

·
Super Moderator
59,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,389 ·
And as far as I know pyTiVo Desktop doesn't have automatic transfers?
No it doesn't. I actually started working on it, but I got side tracked with real work and never got very far. After learning about Hydra's lack of pyTivo support (I've known for a while) I've been kind of discouraged about doing any more pyTivo development.

·
Registered
12,357 Posts
Hell I tried to contact them to get an official key for the mind/RPC protocol and they said there is no one left at TiVo that even deals with that.
Which is BS, because they need a certificate + password for iOS and Android apps, unless they plan on discontinuing those as well come April of next year when those certificates expire.

·
Super Moderator
59,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,391 ·
Which is BS, because they need a certificate + password for iOS and Android apps, unless they plan on discontinuing those as well come April of next year when those certificates expire.
I assume whoever maintains the iOS/Android apps will have a way to get a new certificate, but after talking to multiple people at TiVo they couldn't find anyone who could/would issue a certificate to a 3rd party developer. There was someone, at one point, because there was an app in the Windows Phone store that had an official certificate.

·
Registered
12,357 Posts
Yes, but it's TiVo that owns and issues the certificates, so someone in TiVo world knows how to do it. Actually back before TiVo cut me off for further MindRPC development I seem to recall there's actually an RPC function to generate certificate + password (which I don't/didn't have permissions to run).

·
Super Moderator
59,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,393 ·
Yes, but it's TiVo that owns and issues the certificates, so someone in TiVo world knows how to do it. Actually back before TiVo cut me off for further MindRPC development I seem to recall there's actually an RPC function to generate certificate + password (which I don't/didn't have permissions to run).
Did they eliminate the function you use to use to discover new functions? Or did they just increase the credentials needed to access it so the iOS certificate doesn't have permissions?

·
Registered
12,357 Posts
Discovery function is still there, I just don't have permissions to use it anymore, so basically shut down any further discovery. I'd say probably about 90% of RPC functions I got a list of at some point I don't have permissions to run.

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
I was using pyTivo to copy a couple of shows I backed up via kmttg to my Roamio (in .tivo format) and the transfers aborted a couple of times due to an error of exceeding expected file size. Is this something anyone has seen before?

·
Super Moderator
59,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,396 ·
I was using pyTivo to copy a couple of shows I backed up via kmttg to my Roamio (in .tivo format) and the transfers aborted a couple of times due to an error of exceeding expected file size. Is this something anyone has seen before?
I've seen that before somewhere. Check the pyTivo thread in the Home Media forum, I thnk there may be a discussion about it there.

·
UHD Addict
24,271 Posts
2 things.

1st, using the ad-detect/ad-cut functions in kmttg does not require the steps that follow (captions, encoding) and re-encoding is going to be time consuming.

2nd, keep in mind that ad-detection is nowhere near close to perfect sometimes cutting very little sometimes cutting out huge swaths of the actual show. So it really needs to be reviewed and the cuts adjusted where necessary before cutting. (using the skip points to set the cuts is vastly better but if you want to be sure not to lose any of the show the cuts still need reviewing)
:eek::eek: Wow!! You weren't kidding about ad detection. I tested out KMTTG service automatically transferring my shows and using ad cut(with VRD) with my recordings last night. EVery hour long show showed up as being between 11 minutes and 30 minutes after supposedly removing ads. The couple of half hour shows seemed to work right with around a 22 minute length. But based on that, I had to disable the ad cut. Since it's pretty much worth less to do automatically like that if it's not going to be anywhere close to removing the ad properly.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
:eek::eek: Wow!! You weren't kidding about ad detection. I tested out KMTTG service automatically transferring my shows and using ad cut(with VRD) with my recordings last night. EVery hour long show showed up as being between 11 minutes and 30 minutes after supposedly removing ads. The couple of half hour shows seemed to work right with around a 22 minute length. But based on that, I had to disable the ad cut. Since it's pretty much worth less to do automatically like that if it's not going to be anywhere close to removing the ad properly.
I know of no solution that allows reliable and full automation of commercial cuts. If your shows are skipmode enabled, you might want to look at Autoskip from Skipmode in kmttg combined with Export AutoSkip cuts in kmttg. While not perfect, you generally get a very close set of commercial cuts that can be easily reviewed and quickly adjusted.

·
Registered
12,357 Posts
Except he's using Hydra where kmttg AutoSkip from SkipMode does not work (as you found out yourself). However looks like with help of another forum member I may have a fix for that in next kmttg release.

1381 - 1400 of 2629 Posts