TiVo Community Forum banner
81 - 100 of 2630 Posts

·
Super Moderator
59,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Just uploaded a new version with a built in settings dialog. Not all settings are exposed yet, but most of them are. I also added some better error checking to the shares dialog so that you can't accidentally create a bad share. And I moved the pytivo.conf file to the AppData folder on Windows so that we wont have the weird permissions issues trying to keep it in the install folder. (existing installs will copy it automatically)

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Just uploaded a new version with a built in settings dialog. Not all settings are exposed yet, but most of them are. I also added some better error checking to the shares dialog so that you can't accidentally create a bad share. And I moved the pytivo.conf file to the AppData folder on Windows so that we wont have the weird permissions issues trying to keep it in the install folder. (existing installs will copy it automatically)
Since I have Win 8.1 and One Drive disabled, would that cause a download failure like was posted?

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
It shouldn't. I just tried it not logged in to my account and it worked fine.

I should probably find a better place to host the file. Any suggestions?
I went to the other pyTivo thread and used that link. No problems downloading the zip file. Now to find time to enjoy all your work. It's great timing since in two weeks I get free premium channels. Something to save for the long hot summer. :)

·
Super Moderator
59,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
(Just as an aside, how flexible is a pyTivo install in terms of running on a laptop that could be transported between homes using different TiVo accounts?)
It should work fine. Nothing about it really depends on anything account or location specific. You may have to restart it once you join the new network so that it announces the shares again though.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I found this thread looking for information about downloading files from a TiVo Roamio/OTA to a PC to be played 1) via Plex, and 2) on a computer. Dan203, can you help me understand how PyTiVo and KTTMG relate to one another? Are they complimentary or competitive?

·
Super Moderator
59,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
There is some overlap, but kmttg is mainly used to download shows from your TiVo and manage some of the other aspects like the mobile app. Pytivo is mainly used as a server to transfer video from your PC to your TiVo. Pytivo can also download from TiVo but it doesn't have any of the automation stuff kmttg does.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
There is some overlap, but kmttg is mainly used to download shows from your TiVo and manage some of the other aspects like the mobile app. Pytivo is mainly used as a server to transfer video from your PC to your TiVo. Pytivo can also download from TiVo but it doesn't have any of the automation stuff kmttg does.
So, they are complimentary and I should install and learn about both. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Is your computer's IP changing? Or are you rebooting your router? If the IPs of the computer or the TiVos change it could cause that.
no, cable modem with same IP. haven't rebooted router in weeks. Tivo is on ethernet so IP is not changing, as far as I know. To be fair tivo desktop used to do this too, but not daily. and the weird thing is only one of my three sections keeps disappearing. maybe I'll remove and add again

81 - 100 of 2630 Posts