TiVo Community Forum banner
941 - 960 of 2629 Posts

·
Super Moderator
59,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #942 ·
@Dan203 ,

I have a request, when you get a chance:

Do you know if PyTiVo Desktop will preserve the contents of "contentId" in a roundtrip TiVo-to-PC-to-TiVo transfer?
Unfortunately the data TiVo uses for skip mode is not in the XML that is stored with .tivo files. AFAIK there is no way to get it to even read that data when doing a TTG transfer, so even if I could get it some other way I don't think there is any way to apply it to the PC to TiVo transfers.

·
Super Moderator
59,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #944 ·
Perhaps the destination folder was the issue. If you're running as a service you need to make sure the destination folder is public, and not a user specific folder that would need permissions. Or you have to go into the service options and set it to have user credentials.

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Perhaps the destination folder was the issue. If you're running as a service you need to make sure the destination folder is public, and not a user specific folder that would need permissions. Or you have to go into the service options and set it to have user credentials.
It was cool that on the reinstall it kept my TSN and destination folder. I figured I'd have to input them again.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Minor improvement request: Could pyTivo Desktop remember the setting to not have my TiVo recordings folder be a pyTivo share?

I don't use my download folder as a pyTivo share and I have to remember to uncheck this with each new version.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mac beta also available...

Beta downloads for Mac

This one contains a fix for the error connecting issue when you first launch desktop. I'd like to get this one posted as an official release ASAP so if there are any Mac users out there willing to test and report back please download.
This version (1.6.11-beta) fixed the "error connecting to pytivo" issue I also had with 1.6.9. I'm on macOS Sierra, 32gb RAM. If you want more details, just yell.

FWIW, THANK YOU for this! I had finally decided to try pyTivo, as I was tired of Plex always transcoding files I had originally downloaded from my Roamio, when I stumbled upon pyTivo Desktop. Perfect solution! If you ever decide to try making a version for Synology NAS, I'll be happy to test that, too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to report Dan, still no go. Uninstalled via the menu shortcut (note: got a window some elements not removed...can remove manually. I would, if I knew what they might be). Also noted two errors in Windows Event viewer: #242 & #3. Not sure if they came from the uninstall or the shutdown right afterwards. Restarted system. Re-installed without the "run as a service" option. Started pyTiVo. This time, got a Windows Firewall alert about some elements being blocked. It gave me options to allow on private network and public networks. Selected both (Public was checked by default). Got pyTiVo reporting as running in the notification tray but pyTiVo desktop still won't run. Get the same "verify....." Restarted one more time for good luck but got none.
Next??

·
Registered
39 Posts
Same problem as others... get the "Retry" error

My log has errors:

ERROR: pyTivo:My Photos - sequence item 1: expected string, list found
ERROR: pyTivo:My Share Videos - sequence item 1: expected string, list found
ERROR: pyTivo:TiVo Recordings - sequence item 1: expected string, list found

·
Cranky old novice
9,481 Posts
I have tried MG over several months with zero success . Usually comes up with no returns.
If you post specific details in the MG3 thread of the pyTiVo forum (link in signature) I will attempt to resolve your issue. Or start a new thread in this forum. (Don't want to clutter this thread with off-topic talk.)

941 - 960 of 2629 Posts