TiVo Community Forum banner
881 - 900 of 2640 Posts

· Super Moderator
55,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #881 ·
I installed 1.6.7 on my desktop and laptop, with the only changes being setting up a share. I then downloaded the same podcast from twit.tv to both, the file size is identical. The desktop, connected to the linksys 802.11n router via ethernet cable, took about 5 min. to transfer the 1hr 29min file. The laptop took about 1.5 min over wifi. The file from the desktop shows the correct length on the roamio, while the file from the laptop shows the length 8 min. longer at 1hr 37min. When you fast forward the longer file from the laptop, it skips ahead many times faster than normal, then slows down but is jerky. The file from the desktop has normal navigation. Any ideas what is causing this?

Thanks
BGC
Did you ever have a previous version on either system?

· Registered
191 Posts
Did you ever have a previous version on either system?
I did on the Desktop, I don't recall making any changes to any settings though. As I said the files transferred from the Desktop show the proper length and the navigation (FF) works as expected. I did previously have Tivo Desktop installed on the desktop system as well, but no longer. I also have Kmttg installed that I used to transfer Season passes when I upgraded the drive in the Roamio a while back. I'll compare the settings to see if anything is different between the two systems.

Forgot to say before that the Roamio is connected to the router via ethernet cable like the desktop system is.

· Super Moderator
55,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #884 ·
I just noticed something weird. All the days on my recordings are off by one day. The dates are right, but the day is wrong. For example it says Fri 7/6 next to all my recordings from last night. Not sure what that's about. Anyone else seeing this? Not sure if it's a bug in the software or something weird with my machine.

· Registered
191 Posts
My guess.... on the desktop you disabled the TS option in the upload tab. That would force a recode on the desktop that would fix the length issue. Check the settings and see if I'm right.
It appears you were right, desktop upload TS was off, laptop was auto. After changing laptop to off all appears well. I'm not sure when or why it was set to off since I'm really not sure what TS vs no TS does exactly.

Thanks for the help,
BGC

· Super Moderator
55,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #887 ·
With TS upload set to "auto" or "on" pyTivo will send H.264 files as-is by simply remuxing them as a TS. With it off it has to recode the video to MPEG-2. The recoding process fixes any errors or issues with the original file that may not be compatible with TiVo.

· Registered
1,880 Posts
I just noticed something weird. All the days on my recordings are off by one day. The dates are right, but the day is wrong. For example it says Fri 7/6 next to all my recordings from last night. Not sure what that's about. Anyone else seeing this? Not sure if it's a bug in the software or something weird with my machine.
Never paid attention to the days, but I see it now that you mentioned it. Just recorded a couple of things in the last hour and they are listed as Saturday 7/7 instead of Friday 7/7

· OTA ONLY and Loving It!
1,736 Posts
Interesting catch - and it is off on my systems too. Just started the pyTiVo Desktop, and all of the recordings on both of my Bolts also show this (everything recorded on 7/7 shows "Sat", 7/8 recordings show "Sun", etc.).

· OTA ONLY and Loving It!
1,736 Posts
New Problem encountered:
First time I have tried to actually use pyTiVo since initial testing of this new product. I have two Bolts on my network. This morning I started the pyTiVo Desktop and began transferring some shows from Bolt1. I queued up 19 1/2 hour programs and started the xfer. 11 seem to have completed just fine, then it just stopped - no sign of any error message I can see. 8 shows still in the queue. I closed the transfer window and tried to refresh the My Shows list, and it just clocks forever with no results. But if I select the Bolt2 box, those My Shows come right up.

So the problem seems to only be in trying to access the Bolt1 where the programs are queued for transfer (and none are showing as currently in progress). That Bolt is still working just fine, and it has no problem seeing the pyTiVo video share program list, so the network connection is still there for both the Bolt and the computer. Any ideas?

Update:
I did a restart of pyTiVo from within the Desktop app - nothing changed at all. I tried to display the Log, and it only shows a blank window. I then used the tray app to exit pyTiVo - that worked, and I did get a warning that there were still 8 programs transferring, but I confirmed I wanted to exit and it shut down. I then restarted pyTiVo, and with the exception of no longer showing the icon saying there are 8 programs in the transfer queue, is is still doing the exact same thing (Bolt1 My Shows never get displayed, but Bolt2 comes up just fine).

I have not yet tried to restart either the Bolt or the computer, but the computer has a pending restart for Windoze 10 update in several hours. I'll report back what happens after that completes.

One more thing - after I exited and then restarted pyTiVo, I can now see the log - here is subset of the log after the restart:
Code:
INFO:pyTivo:Last modified: Fri Jun 16 12:09:56 2017
INFO:pyTivo:python: 2.7.13
INFO:pyTivo:System: Windows-10-10.0.14393
INFO:pyTivo.beacon:Scanning for TiVos...
INFO:pyTivo.beacon:Bolt Living Room - 192.168.254.8
INFO:pyTivo.beacon:Bolt - 1TB - 192.168.254.242
INFO:pyTivo.beacon:Announcing shares...
INFO:pyTivo.beacon:Registering: TiVo MRV-Acer
INFO:pyTivo:pyTivo is ready.
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.254.9 [16/Jul/2017 08:39:32] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2F&DoGenres=1 HTTP/1.0" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.254.9 [16/Jul/2017 08:39:32] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2F&DoGenres=1 HTTP/1.0" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.254.242 [16/Jul/2017 08:39:32] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=TiVo%20MRV-Acer&ItemCount=0&SerialNum=84920019032480F HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.254.8 [16/Jul/2017 08:39:32] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=TiVo%20MRV-Acer&ItemCount=0&SerialNum=8490001903DC030 HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:127.0.0.1 [16/Jul/2017 08:39:58] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=GetSettings&Container=Settings HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:127.0.0.1 [16/Jul/2017 08:39:58] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryServer HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:127.0.0.1 [16/Jul/2017 08:39:58] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=GetTiVoList&Container=ToGo HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:127.0.0.1 [16/Jul/2017 08:40:03] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=GetShowsList&Container=ToGo&TiVo=192.168.254.8 HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:127.0.0.1 [16/Jul/2017 08:40:03] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=GetQueueList&Container=ToGo&TiVo=192.168.254.8 HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:argument of type 'int' is not iterable
INFO:pyTivo:127.0.0.1 [16/Jul/2017 08:40:40] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=GetShowsList&Container=ToGo&TiVo=192.168.254.8 HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:127.0.0.1 [16/Jul/2017 08:40:40] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=GetQueueList&Container=ToGo&TiVo=192.168.254.8 HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:127.0.0.1 [16/Jul/2017 08:41:23] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=GetSettings&Container=Settings HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:127.0.0.1 [16/Jul/2017 08:42:20] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=GetShowsList&Container=ToGo&TiVo=192.168.254.8 HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:127.0.0.1 [16/Jul/2017 08:42:20] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=GetQueueList&Container=ToGo&TiVo=192.168.254.8 HTTP/1.1" 200 -
(after this point, almost all entries are the same "not iterable" lines, and they keep getting added every few seconds).
I have no idea why that stupid pink face is showing up everywhere in that copied text!

· Vanity Phrase Here
357 Posts
I have no idea why that stupid pink face is showing up everywhere in that copied text!
If you hover the mouse cursor over the stupid pink face, you'll see the pop up tip "Stick out tongue :p". The BBS sees the ":p" combination as a shorthand for a smiley and substitutes the smiley graphic for it in your post. Whenever including things like log messages in a post, it is best to surround the pasted text with code tags like this:
[codeblock_4555e14576769ea3a2a25d7e7a8429c4]​
Then the text will appear without the smiley reinterpretation.

· Registered
11 Posts
Software installs OK, and I can download to PC no problem. I want to watch videos stored on my PC, but when I try to "Add an App" on the Tivo I get an Unexpected Error that references MSG_V310_ID. The steps they describe don't solve my issue.

· Registered
7,682 Posts
Software installs OK, and I can download to PC no problem. I want to watch videos stored on my PC, but when I try to "Add an App" on the Tivo I get an Unexpected Error that references MSG_V310_ID. The steps they describe don't solve my issue.
You don't Add an App on the TiVo side. If everything is setup up and working correctly, just browse to the bottom of your My Shows list and you should see your PC just like you would see other TiVo's if you had more than one and you can then browse the shows on it and select which ones you want to transfer.

Scott

· Registered
11 Posts
You don't Add an App on the TiVo side. If everything is setup up and working correctly, just browse to the bottom of your My Shows list and you should see your PC just like you would see other TiVo's if you had more than one and you can then browse the shows on it and select which ones you want to transfer.

Scott
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I don't see my PC.
Would I have more luck installing Tivo Desktop first?
Any other ideas?

· Registered
1,880 Posts
Did you set a default location for all your videos in Pytivo Desktop? It has to know where your videos are located on your computer before you can pull them to the Tivo. Once it know where the videos are , just double click the tivo button and scroll all the way to the bottom of the list to see the folder on the computer.

· Registered
11 Posts
Did you set a default location for all your videos in Pytivo Desktop? It has to know where your videos are located on your computer before you can pull them to the Tivo. Once it know where the videos are , just double click the tivo button and scroll all the way to the bottom of the list to see the folder on the computer.
The pyTivo service is running. I mapped a couple different folders to be sure it wasn't content related, but neither show up.

881 - 900 of 2640 Posts