TiVo Community Forum banner
61 - 80 of 2640 Posts

·
Well-Known Mumbler
11,687 Posts
all I want to do is auto transfer my podcasts to my tivo each day.
Auto-transfer is not possible in this, the post-push era. The TiVo mind server no longer takes requests, and without that, there's no way (at least, not that we've discovered) to tell the TiVo to download anything.

·
Super Moderator
55,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
There are no paths in those shares. You need to point it to a folder. Should look like this...

[TV Shows]
path = E:\TV Shows
type = video

I'm working on a change now that will ensure you can't create improper shares like this. As well as some other basic error handling stuff.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
There are no paths in those shares. You need to point it to a folder. Should look like this...

[TV Shows]
path = E:\TV Shows
type = video

I'm working on a change now that will ensure you can't create improper shares like this. As well as some other basic error handling stuff.
as I have said in earlier posts fter I copy a path to the section and it save when I go back in to settings the path disappears

I will recreate without using "copy shortcut", i think that is the problem

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Are you copying with quotes?

I don't think it wants quotes, and windows will put quotes around any path with a space in it automatically.

That's another error condition I should look for.
horray, I fixed the paths and they saved. I did a poor copy/paste job. anyway, my sections are now visible. My only question now is how to I automatically push vidoes from my "podcast" section?

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
58,971 Posts
horray, I fixed the paths and they saved. I did a poor copy/paste job. anyway, my sections are now visible. My only question now is how to I automatically push vidoes from my "podcast" section?
As stated before, no program currently exists that can automatically "push" content to the TiVo. You have to use the TiVo to "pull" it from server, which is where pyTiVo comes in.

·
Super Moderator
55,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
ugh, I must have missed that. old tivo desktop easily did it, hopefully pytivo or something else will do it in the future
Even old TiVo Desktop can't do it any more. TiVo removed the server functionality that was used to make that feature worK. So nothing can do that now. :(

·
Super Moderator
55,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
The biggest advantage to pyTivo over TiVo Desktop is it's transcoding and file format capabilities. TD supports a very limited number of formats/codecs for source files. Even if you have Plus. pyTivo supports way more formats and allows you to transfer almost anything to the TiVo.

·
Super Moderator
55,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
I can't download I must be missing something, any help?
There is no UI for downloading yet. You have to use the web interface.

My main purpose here was to create an easier to install pyTivo to do what I use it for.... a pull server. I didn't realize people were so desperate for a TiVo Desktop replacement.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've created an easier to use/install version of pyTivo. It's compiled into a standard Windows exe and does NOT require you to install python on your PC to work. It also includes a simple UI for setting up and managing shares. Some of the advanced features still have to be setup using the web UI or by editing the config file by hand, but this should be a lot easier for people to get going if all you want to do is transfer videos from your PC to your TiVo or use Music/Photos.

pyTivo_setup.exe

pyTivo_setup.zip (alternative for those getting antivirus warnings with exe)

In a future release I plan to add a UI for some of the advanced settings and maybe the TTG portion too.

I'm also going to try creating Mac and Linux versions too when I have some more time.
no idea why, but when I click on either the exe or the zip, while it takes me to a OneDrive page, it says:

This item might not exist or is no longer available

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
The biggest advantage to pyTivo over TiVo Desktop is it's transcoding and file format capabilities. TD supports a very limited number of formats/codecs for source files. Even if you have Plus. pyTivo supports way more formats and allows you to transfer almost anything to the TiVo.
ok,that is good to know.
i just tested an .mkv file and it transferred, something tivo desktop never could do. this makes pytivo useful to me, thanks !

·
FUBAR
4,974 Posts
Yep, I've even gotten HEVC h.265 mkv's to work. If ffmpeg supports the format for transcoding you can watch it on a Tivo, generally speaking.

61 - 80 of 2640 Posts