TiVo Community Forum banner
2621 - 2627 of 2627 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
It has something to do with this: Private Network Access update: Introducing a deprecation trial - Chrome Developers
That means Edge is down with the same message. Based on the info, most if not all browsers will tighten up, preventing online.tivo.com from working the way it's designed. Rather than fix the problem at Tivo, which they could, they just decided to dump the PC interface for streaming.
You can overide this restriction.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It worked really well... For the novice it might be confusing because there is no installation notification. No obvious way to determine the next step - you have to go to the tray, find the pytivo icon and right click on it for options.

It would be nice if the dialog to choose a file directory were presented to the user immediately following install.

That said: It was quick and sweet... I didn't have to install and configure, I didn't have to setup pytivo as a service....

Really nice job!
Hi,
I have an old Direct TV Tivo Premier, I tried to set it up but It won't work. I was told that once you take it off of the Direct TV, something happens to the hard drive and it becomes unusable? Is that true? Can I get around it? Do I have to install a new Hard Drive? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I wanted to use it to share the movies on my Tivo Premier in another room.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Norma

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can overide this restriction.

Tried this. The chrome instructions are not clear. Chrome also updated recently, maybe today. When I try to stream a show using online.tivo.com web site after adding *.tivo.com to the exceptions, instead of a permanent twirling blue circle, I get this new message after a few moments:

Problem Playing Show
We are unable to detect your TiVo streaming device from this location. If you are currently away from home, streaming video is not supported at this time.

This may, or maynot be the same problem as before, it's just timing out quicker. Also note that if I repeat the process of attempting to play a recording, sooner or later it used to playback. I haven't tried much today, but if it still plays eventually, then it's a web coding bug, not a restriction.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Using my TiVo for the first time in 2 years, I had forgotten how much nicer it is than anything I've seen from the cable companies. I think it's a Bolt VOX (?), can't check right now. Has a Comcast Cablecard in it.

Thought I would take a shot at downloading recordings using pyTivo, which I also haven't done in a couple of years. Updated pyTivo and pyTivo Desktop and it seemed to be working. Listed a whole bunch of shows that looked correct, I started one (1hr show, 1.83 GB) and it was downloading at about 6Mb/s. Hit 305.00 MB and dropped to 0.01 Mb/s but in fact I do't think the 305.00 MB has changed in 10 minutes.

Is there something I'm overlooking? Is this just a fault of the TiVo? Should I kill the transfer and try again? I paid no attention to settings other than to update the apps and run them.

Thanks.
Did you determine the cause of this slowdown issue? Reason for inquiry: I've installed pyTivo and pyTivo desktop on a "server" (Plex) machine and am using it to pull recordings from my TiVos. The first transfer starts off OK, then slows down if there's an error. I've cut the number of retries down to 2 and unchecked the "Reduce speed on retry" box, yet I can't seem to get more than 2 or 3 successful transfers before the speed slows to 1Mb/s or less. I'd like to be able to queue up all of the recordings in one shot but that isn't working.

So far the only fix I've found is to kill and restart the pyTivo processes. I'm pretty sure that's not how it's supposed to work, yet finding the correct configuration remains elusive.

My apologies if this topic was discussed upthread. I haven't figured out how to start a search within a particular thread with the new forum software.

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,432 Posts
Did you determine the cause of this slowdown issue? Reason for inquiry: I've installed pyTivo and pyTivo desktop on a "server" (Plex) machine and am using it to pull recordings from my TiVos. The first transfer starts off OK, then slows down if there's an error. I've cut the number of retries down to 2 and unchecked the "Reduce speed on retry" box, yet I can't seem to get more than 2 or 3 successful transfers before the speed slows to 1Mb/s or less. I'd like to be able to queue up all of the recordings in one shot but that isn't working.

So far the only fix I've found is to kill and restart the pyTivo processes. I'm pretty sure that's not how it's supposed to work, yet finding the correct configuration remains elusive.

My apologies if this topic was discussed upthread. I haven't figured out how to start a search within a particular thread with the new forum software.
It would seem you are using TS downloads on PyTivo Desktop. That would be expected when it encounters errors and throttles down the speed until it gets to as error free as possible.You can avoid this by using PS downloads, but only if they are not MPEG4 recordings.

·
Registered
113 Posts
It would seem you are using TS downloads on PyTivo Desktop. That would be expected when it encounters errors and throttles down the speed until it gets to as error free as possible. You can avoid this by using PS downloads, but only if they are not MPEG4 recordings.
If it throttles to zero because of errors, is there some way to reduce the number of errors? Other than switching to PS, and I have no idea if they're MPEG4 recordings.

2621 - 2627 of 2627 Posts