TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· I miss the ocean
6,806 Posts
I was getting the persistant pop-up to install update also, so I just ended the program, and went to website to update, hasn't nagged since.

Question: this isn't a request or anything, but just wondering how it picks to display your tivo's on the top window.
I have 4 Tivos that it can see, and the only one I would download from is always 3rd in the list.
Just wondering, no biggie....

thanks

· I miss the ocean
6,806 Posts
I'm having issues installing the new update ( windows).
I usually stop pytivo, then exit it, before I install update, and did so this time, but it's coming up saying following applications are using files that need to be updated by setup.
the files are (2 of them) PyTivoTray.exe.
I've already stopped and exited out of it, nothing is running. So message says it's recommended that you allow setup to close them, so I reboot, pytivo running in tray, try update, get same message, click ignore and get
Error occurred while trying to replace existing file.
DeletedFile Failed; Code 5.
Access denied.

· I miss the ocean
6,806 Posts
I'm having issues, My tivo sees my shows from PC. I start transfering, and they do transfer at a pretty good speed, I can watch immed. after they start, but then I go back to now showing a bit later, and none are in now playing, and history shows Not Transferred. The file type is (TS).tivo
Am I doing something wrong?

· I miss the ocean
6,806 Posts
Seems to be a common issue. Apparently if there is even a minor glitch in the video it'll stop transferring and just self delete. Other users have said that if you decrypt then it works ok.

My suggestion.... if you live in an area that has H.264 channels then enable the decrypt and txt options. If you don't then just disable the ts option.
thanks, that worked all 3 downloaded and uploaded correctly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts