TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,642 Posts
Thanks Dan, Im inclined to buy VideoReDo even though I dont really need it just to support the stuff you did here.
Or let us donate to this project.

I know how to program myself, but with a full time job and 3 kids, I have no time.

·
Banned
1,642 Posts
I have just completed a new version which now includes a full feature UI called "pyTivo Desktop" which includes TiVoToGo support. I hope it works well for everyone. Please let me know if you have any trouble with it...

New website...

pyTivo Desktop

Last Updated - Windows: 4/24/17 4:55pm - v1.5.12
Last Updated - Mac: 4/25/17 6:15pm - v1.5.12

I've created an easier to use/install version of pyTivo. It's compiled into a standard Windows exe and does NOT require you to install python on your PC to work. It also includes a simple UI for setting up and managing shares. Some of the advanced features still have to be setup using the web UI or by editing the config file by hand, but this should be a lot easier for people to get going if all you want to do is transfer videos from your PC to your TiVo or use Music/Photos.

pyTivo_setup.exe

pyTivo_setup.zip (alternative for those getting antivirus warnings with exe)

In a future release I plan to add a UI for some of the advanced settings and maybe the TTG portion too.

I'm also going to try creating Mac and Linux versions too when I have some more time.

Edit: 4/2/17 Updated version with settings dialog
Your site's TiVo man looks like a mascot for a digestive disorder pills (ask your crok doctor) commercial :D

·
Banned
1,642 Posts
K-lite is popular for this.

I wonder why MS no longer supplies MPEG-2 codec? The patents expired earlier this year, as did the ones for AC3 (Dolby) and DTS, so they're free now.
I use VLC or Kodi for mpeg2.

The latest windows updated killed my spectacular 4K upscaling/deinterlacing of MPEG2 video on my HTPC with Kodi with a Radeon RX card. Man does it look good watching old stuff this way.

The update killed the communication between Kodi DXVA settings and the video card. Everything looked software rendered, which was ok, but the DXVA feature really made the video smooth and the colors pop out, no jaggedy jumpy lines either, just crisp sharp picture.

I had to reinstall 10 and turn off Windows updates to get that all back. They want you to buy digital stuff off the sites. They dont like people like me that buy dvd's for like 1-3 bucks a pop and squeeze PQ out with good hardware.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts