TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
143 Posts
I just downloaded this, secretly hoping for a push resolution. I really only push from the PC (but now pull from Tivo). All seems well though. I did notice one behavioral difference in that with regular pytivo, you can drill down on a mounted share whereas this one does not allow it. But, I can add multiple shares with this one. (Just reporting what I see, not asking for anything).

In the download, your files are on OneDrive. The pyTivo_setup_1.5.2.exe file is set to anyone Can Edit. I might have uploaded my favorite virus. (I didn't). Everything else is Can View.

· Registered
143 Posts
What exactly do you mean by "drill down on a mounted share"? This is basically just a UI to pyTivo, so anything it supports this should support, just not all the options are exposed mainly for simplicity. If you want you can still manually edit the options using the pyTivo web interface by going to http://localhost:9032 in a browser. (you'd need to change the port if you changed it in the options)
On my PC, I have a folder called "Tivo Movies", then in that directory, I have a folder called "Shows". I used to have just one directory, but with the clunky pull interface, I pull shows from the Shows directory up one level to act as a quick access directory. (In other words, top level directory has 50ish files while next level down has >600). With pyTivo I see "shows" show up when I open the Tivo Movies share. I can select from the quick list, or drill down to the directory shows and find everything.

After retesting, I found the discrepancy. The difference is that the sort order changed. With pyTivo classic, the directory was at the top of the list and the shows were alphabetically sorted. With new pyTivo, the directory is there, but mingled in the show listing and shows up alphabetically. I looked for this before reporting, but missed it in my haste.

· Registered
143 Posts
If you click on a share in the UI you can change the sort to alphabetical. Maybe that's how you had the old option set? Like I said this is just a UI to pyTivo so the behavior should be the same.
Just retested. Both pyTivos report sorted by name, but they do have different sort orders in the display of the files. The sort orders are only Alphabetical or Recording Date. (However, I don't need this to be changed - just sharing what I noticed).

· Registered
143 Posts
I just reinstalled Windows on a fresh SSD and am having problems getting PyTivo Desktop working. I downloaded a fresh copy of 1.6.16 and installed it. Configured everything. Started the tray app, then desktop. It loads the list of files on the Tivo. From the Tivo, I find the Windows Share in the My Playing list. Go to it and select a file to download It accepts my selection and "appears to start downloading", but the blue light never comes on and the download stays at 0% until it finally times out.

Regular PyTivo works fine. If I manually start PyTivo desktop using File Explorer to start PyTivo.exe, then Desktop\PyTivo Desktop.exe, it also works correctly. So, ffmpeg, et. al. are launching correctly.

So, the failure occurs only when starting PyTivo from the Windows start menu which then starts the tray app and pytivo service. If this helps, after making settings changes, the PyTivo Desktop can never restart the server. It only stops it and I have to manually start it again. Any suggestions?

· Registered
143 Posts
Is there a way to give pyTivo/pyTivo Desktop a list of shows to download, or is the only way to have pyTivo download a show is by going through and clicking on the download button for the show?
Tivo abandoned us, barely leaving us One at a time downloads on the older UI only.

If you download a lot, you might want to check out this thread: https://www.tivocommunity.com/threads/channels-dvr.584214/ I recently set this up and adding shows to the DVR is as simple as copying them into a directory. I'm running ChannelsDVR in parallel with my Tivo right now, but no longer downloading to the Tivo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts