TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TDL shepherd
17,451 Posts
Wow, great effort and contribution, Dan. I've been putting off getting pyTiVo running forever, but now I feel like I need to give installing the original version a try just to appreciate the work you've done.

·
TDL shepherd
17,451 Posts
I'll see if I can add a CLI flag to the code that will launch the settings UI so I can launch with that from the installer.
One hiccup I've found with installers since Windows 7 (never used Vista) is that they typically run as an Administrator, and the offer/option to launch the program immediately after installation completes always launches the program under the associated Administrator account, rather than the user's actual account.

·
TDL shepherd
17,451 Posts
I thinking about possible feature enhancements going forward and I'm wondering if there is anything you guys wish this did that it doesn't do now?
I haven't yet started using pieTivo (easy-as-pie pyTivo ;)), but one thing I would find handy, as a laptop user jumping between houses and TiVo accounts, is the ability to quickly switch the account-specific settings. Being able to automatically recognize which network I'm on would be nice, but just being able to select a different configuration and restart would be handy.

As I said, I haven't used the product, so what I'm requesting may make zero sense, or already exist.

·
TDL shepherd
17,451 Posts
One thought I've had is if pyTivo is always running in the background, I was wondering if there was some way it could detect rebooted DVRs and send out an alert -- with an added bonus if the alert could identify any recordings that were disrupted and likely truncated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts