TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Well-Known Mumbler
11,687 Posts
all I want to do is auto transfer my podcasts to my tivo each day.
Auto-transfer is not possible in this, the post-push era. The TiVo mind server no longer takes requests, and without that, there's no way (at least, not that we've discovered) to tell the TiVo to download anything.

·
Well-Known Mumbler
11,687 Posts
Although from what I understand the version of tivodecode that supports ts is not 100% and can introduce some corruption into the file
To be clear, AFAIK, there is never a situation in which tivodecode-ng is worse than tivodecode 2.4, and it's 100% on program streams, just not on transport streams.

·
Well-Known Mumbler
11,687 Posts
If I hook up my old TiVo Series 2 (that the account is closed on and I am not paying for serivce on) should it be able to see it and transfer shows from it to my PC?
No, unsubscribed TiVos have no network capabilities. Pretty much all you can do with them is play back existing recordings, or (in some cases) buffer live TV.

If you want to transfer shows off a TiVo, do it before you drop the subscription.

·
Well-Known Mumbler
11,687 Posts
1080p and 720p should always be full screen and the adjustment option on the TiVo shouldn't even work.
From the description, I think he's looking at 2.35:1 widescreen video, encoded without letterboxing. In which case, "Panel" is the correct setting, and he should expect/accept letterboxing by the TiVo. On the other hand, if he chooses "Zoom", it should have the correct aspect ratio AND fill the screen... but the sides will be cut off.

·
Well-Known Mumbler
11,687 Posts
The TiVo's Panel/Zoom/Full control only works for SD recordings.
Incorrect. The controls work for anything that doesn't match the display's aspect ratio. This is easiest to see with 4:3 recordings (or live TV) on a 16:9 set -- or with 16:9 recordings on a 4:3 set. But it applies just as well to 2.35:1 recordings on a 16:9 (1.77:1) set.

So what you're telling us @wmcbrine is that other aspect ratio recordings transferred to the TiVo via PyTivo are treated by the TiVo as SD recordings?
No, not at all.

·
Well-Known Mumbler
11,687 Posts
P.S.:

Hmm, so the TV stations the TiVo records are going to be either SD (480i or 480p vertical resolution I think) with a 3x4 aspect ratio, or HD (720p or 1080i vertical resolution) with a 9x16 aspect ratio.
16:9 SD is also a possibility, increasingly common nowadays (e.g. on broadcast subchannels). 16:9 DVD rips sent to the TiVo are also SD. Note that these all respond (or fail to respond, depending on the aspect ratio the TiVo thinks that the TV has) to Zoom/Panel/Full in the same way as 16:9 HD recordings.

It would be better not to think of resolution and aspect ratio as being coupled, because they really aren't.

·
Well-Known Mumbler
11,687 Posts
Does pytivo have a 25 show upload to the same folder limit?
No.

Running into an issue where 25 shows upload to same folder but 26+ loads individually to My Shows.
I doubt that you're diagnosing this correctly. There's probably some other differing factor besides the number of shows.

·
Well-Known Mumbler
11,687 Posts
They will conflict, even on different ports. You have to completely disable TiVo Desktop.
How do they conflict? Classic pyTivo can run alongside TD... they both announce/listen on port 5353, but that's not a problem. They only conflict if you tell pyTivo to grab port 2190 via "beacon: listen".

(There's also no point to running both, really, but that's another issue.)

·
Well-Known Mumbler
11,687 Posts
It takes longer to download to Roamio Pro and appears to be converting the show and the Bolt+ does not appear to be doing any conversion.

Thoughts?
For a while, I had 4K and H.265 passthrough for Bolt (only) in pyTivo, but it never actually worked. But I stopped testing it after a while, so...

Transfers to and from the Bolt are inherently much faster, if the rate isn't dominated by conversion time.

A real answer would require the logs.

·
Well-Known Mumbler
11,687 Posts
Yes. It just does not work any more if the Tivo runs version 21.7+ or 21.8+ (aka Hydra, TE4). This is basically a downgrade as it removes the feature called TivoToGo (transfers from Tivo) and TivoComeBack (Computer-to-Tivo).
As I understand it (I haven't tried the new software myself), TiVo-to-computer still works, just not the other way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts