TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
I just installed PyTivo Desktop on a Win10 system last night and was very happy to see it picked up my TiVo Roamio (6 tuner, 3 TB) right away. The weird thing is it’s only showing my recordings for shows October 22 or newer. I can’t figure out why, and apologies, but with a 132 page thread, it was too much to sift through (gave it a valiant effort, though).

Ironically, my Tivo Desktop classic just stopped working, which is what prompted me to run PyTivo, but all I found was an empty folder in the Start menu. It’s possible I uninstalled it, but don’t remember ever having done that. That said, my Windows has been getting weirder and weirder with each update recently.

So, that’s how I discovered the PyTivo Desktop, and wow! Very nice and clean, and props to the developer. Meanwhile - I just have to get it to see recording on my TiVo newer than the last 16 days.

I’m thinking of trying Py~Desktop on my Mac, but my current share is all on my home brew Windows machine (more native storage)

· Registered
5 Posts
I thought that was the case years ago, right? Mine worked anyway, up until last night. my only reason for mentioning it was that it might offer a clue to someone more knowledgeable than I about what is broken. I think you misunderstood the intent of my post, so maybe I wasn’t clear about what I was asking.

Ok - editing to say everything is moving along. After about 4 PC reboots and a TiVo reboot, the desktop is showing all of my PC’s share folder (& sub folders). The TiVo, interestingly, permanently deleted all of the shows in the Deleted Folder (about 20), and all but 4 of the shows in the suggestions folder (about 60), and storage utilization reported is 2% lower.

Meanwhile, the PC’s behavior re: PyTivo Desktop has some very tolerable anomalies. One of them is some TiVo files will play audio only in WMP most of the time. The old Windows 10 default player is gone and in its place is Windows Movies (or something like that), which only plays the MP4’s, and VLC is tentative. I'm not too concerned as I don’t sit at my desk and watch movies, but it’s a convenience factor to have another window open when I’m editing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts