TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
363 Posts
Is there a way to give pyTivo/pyTivo Desktop a list of shows to download, or is the only way to have pyTivo download a show is by going through and clicking on the download button for the show? I'm hoping that there is a way to programmatically (or through a command line execution, or by a list of shows in a text file) specify a TiVo and something to identify the recording to download? I can't seem to find a list of pyTivo command line options anywhere (except for a reference to -c), or any other way to interface with pyTivo (other than clicking on a web page or dialog box interface).

· Registered
363 Posts
Contemplating switch from old pytivo to pytivo desktop.

Installed pytivo desktop but can't find the pytivo.conf file anywhere on my computer. I want to edit my shares like I can with the old pytivo. Where is the conf file on Win 11?
On Windows 10, I found the pyTivo.conf file at:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\pyTivo
Not sure if it is in the same location on Windows 11 - if it is not there, you should be able to search for it using these commands in a cmd window:
cd /d c:\
dir /s pyTivo.conf
(If your boot drive or the drive your user directory is on isn't C, use the drive letter it is on)
It might take a while to run (if you have lots of files on the drive), so have some patience!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts