TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
467 Posts
Using my TiVo for the first time in 2 years, I had forgotten how much nicer it is than anything I've seen from the cable companies. I think it's a Bolt VOX (?), can't check right now. Has a Comcast Cablecard in it.

Thought I would take a shot at downloading recordings using pyTivo, which I also haven't done in a couple of years. Updated pyTivo and pyTivo Desktop and it seemed to be working. Listed a whole bunch of shows that looked correct, I started one (1hr show, 1.83 GB) and it was downloading at about 6Mb/s. Hit 305.00 MB and dropped to 0.01 Mb/s but in fact I do't think the 305.00 MB has changed in 10 minutes.

Is there something I'm overlooking? Is this just a fault of the TiVo? Should I kill the transfer and try again? I paid no attention to settings other than to update the apps and run them.

Thanks.
Did you determine the cause of this slowdown issue? Reason for inquiry: I've installed pyTivo and pyTivo desktop on a "server" (Plex) machine and am using it to pull recordings from my TiVos. The first transfer starts off OK, then slows down if there's an error. I've cut the number of retries down to 2 and unchecked the "Reduce speed on retry" box, yet I can't seem to get more than 2 or 3 successful transfers before the speed slows to 1Mb/s or less. I'd like to be able to queue up all of the recordings in one shot but that isn't working.

So far the only fix I've found is to kill and restart the pyTivo processes. I'm pretty sure that's not how it's supposed to work, yet finding the correct configuration remains elusive.

My apologies if this topic was discussed upthread. I haven't figured out how to start a search within a particular thread with the new forum software.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts