TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
I am also running the OSX version and echo gonzotek's comments, although I just doubleclicked on the .dmg file after it was done downloading. I had to change my security settings to allow running an installation program from an unknown author. I started downloading 2 shows from my Roamio Basic before I left fo work.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I do not have any other programs that Exit when you close the window.

I like using OSX, but I find this behavior really annoying. If I wanted the program to continue running, I'd minimize it, not click on the X.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Personally, I think that being aware of the ports in use on one's computer is a USER responsibility and adding this code to pyTiVo Desktop is a waste of your time since, as you stated, what's to prevent a non-technical user from adding a conflicting port AFTER installing pyTiVo Desktop (or simply not having the conflicting-port program running :oops: ) and then *STILL* coming here to complain. :rolleyes:
While I agree, adding code to eliminate the opportunity for people to do something stupid is alway a great idea. It is also a waste of Dan's time to keep dealing with the same user error over and over again.

·
Registered
412 Posts
The TiVo doesn't access the file system at all. It uses HTTP data sent by pyTivo. So as long as pyTivo can read the drive then the TiVo can access it.
My error. Bobbo's post was not clear whether it was referring to the Tivo box itself accessing a network share to get more storage space, instead of replacing the internal hard drive, or whether he was referring to pyTivo accessing a network share. Of course pyTivo can access a network share, that's one of its major features. I have pyTivo pointing to my Buffalo NAS.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I will doublecheck when I get home but, as I recall;

1. Logged into the Buffalo NAS admin console and defined a share.
2. Confirmed all the devices (MacBook Air, Mac Mini, Windows laptops) could access it.
3. Pointed pyTivo to this share.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I imagine it is stated clearly in one of the 1400+ posts here; Is the final working version of Hydra going to include a PC-to-TiVo transfer process? Also did I read correctly in this thread that the PYTiVo PC-to-TiVo is no longer working?

I'm planning to stay with the old UI until this thread goes away, it will probably be safe then!
TiVo has not committed to supporting a PC-to-TiVo transfer in Hydra. If I have interpreted Dan203's posts correctly, TiVo probably never will. These transfers still work in the previous TiVo software.

Odds are, regardless of your current age, you won't live long enough to see this thread go away. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts