TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 11 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,677 Posts
I am a total newbie to this software but I got it up and running and added a video share, saved it, and rebooted pyTiVo--where would I see the share on my TiVo Roamio? Was looking around in various places but can't seem to find the folder anywhere.

·
Premium Member
2,677 Posts
I was able to get this working, thanks so much Dan203, this is awesome!!

I tried adding metadata to the files I sent to my TiVo by adding a *.txt file with the same name as the movie in the same folder and details included but nothing came over. Does this version of pyTiVo not work with metadata? And is there a place where we users can search for metadata to match up movies we have?

·
Premium Member
2,677 Posts
Yes. Do you have an example of something you are looking up?
Any movie so far. I get all of the details of actors, director, summary, year, etc. but the programID is blank. After looking through some notes in the MG3 install folder, it seems to be that I need python installed and then enter in my TiVo user name and password for MG3 to make a call to TiVo to get the programID as this info is not available to MG3 otherwise. Have you set this up before? I've seen mention of Python on this forum before but not sure what I need to do to get it running.

·
Premium Member
2,677 Posts
I was using pyTivo to copy a couple of shows I backed up via kmttg to my Roamio (in .tivo format) and the transfers aborted a couple of times due to an error of exceeding expected file size. Is this something anyone has seen before?

·
Premium Member
2,677 Posts
Does the new "graphical" pytivo (this is the one I use now) work with a Bolt running Hydra? I've read that many are having trouble transferring files between older Tivos and the Bolt running Hydra....

I also do a lot of transfers from my computer to my Tivos, and use pytivo all the time for that. But if a Bolt running Hydra doesn't work with pytivo that would be another good reason not to upgrade from Encore to Hydra.....
I don't think you can do PC to TiVo transfers on Hydra at all, regardless of what TiVo device it is.

·
Premium Member
2,677 Posts
If it's not doing anything and you are sure that the downloads are stalled (e.g. you don't see any movement on the pyTivo Desktop downloads progress bar or any change in the download ongoing percentage statistics), it could be a connection issue or an issue with your wireless network; when that's happened to me, I exit out of pyTivo Desktop (both the user interface as well as the underlying pyTivo Desktop engine that is in the Windows system tray at the lower right of the screen), and then start it up again, once again choosing the files I want to download. It happens.

If you've already chosen the "Decrypt with TiVo-libre" option on the pyTivo Desktop Settings TiVoToGo tab (that is, the box already is checked), there is no need to change it; otherwise, check the box using your mouse, and click the "Save" button at the lower right (or the new setting will not be saved).
The patience of Job.

·
Premium Member
2,677 Posts
What corresponding text file? I have movies and TV shows in mp4 format that I want to transfer into my tivo server running PYTIVO but there aren't any text files with them. What needs to be in the text file? Do you have an example?
Its a text file with the metadata for the show/movie you want to send to your TiVo. I'm not sure if pytivo creates a text file when you copy a show from TiVo to PC as I haven't done that in some time. But I do create text files for movies I sent to my TiVo from PC.

1 - 11 of 12 Posts