TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Thanks
I've had pytivo set up on my desktop and laptop, since I got a Tivo. I use it and VideoRedo weekly.
I have an older spare laptop, Ill have to pull out and install it on that. This could save me having to look up the instructions, when others ask me how to do it.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
It doesn't seem to want to let me uncheck (transfer using MPEG-TS format) and check (Decrypt with tivodecode), when I select save, it is automatically rechecking (transfer using MPEG-TS format) and causing tivodecode to crash

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Thanks
Just tried it and it works perfect now.
Setting up a new laptop today so it was very good timing as I needed pytivo on it, to take stuff with me when traveling.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I've used mkvtoolnix to mux an srt file with h264 and h265 video in an mkv container. Usually it's English for foreign bits in tv shows. I set the flag to forced on the srt. However I use Plex to play these, never tried to make one to send directly to the TiVo.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I procrastinated setting up a Plex server for a very long time, thinking it would be pretty involved and take a lot of time. But when I actually got around to it, it was incredibly simple and only took a few minutes. I'd highly recommend it.

As for inserting subtitles that can be turned on or off via Plex/VLC/other player software, I simply download the .srt file from one of the many subtitle websites, such as subscene, and then I use Handbrake to embed the subtitles into the file. I don't have Handbrake on my work computer so I can't detail the specifics, but it's a very simple process to simply point Handbrake to the .srt file and then choose whether the subtitles are burned in or not.
For Plex, VLC you can just name the srt file exactly the same as the video file and put it in the same folder. It will then be selectable in the video player.

ABCD.mp4
ABCD.srt

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I just noticed something weird. All the days on my recordings are off by one day. The dates are right, but the day is wrong. For example it says Fri 7/6 next to all my recordings from last night. Not sure what that's about. Anyone else seeing this? Not sure if it's a bug in the software or something weird with my machine.
Never paid attention to the days, but I see it now that you mentioned it. Just recorded a couple of things in the last hour and they are listed as Saturday 7/7 instead of Friday 7/7

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Did you set a default location for all your videos in Pytivo Desktop? It has to know where your videos are located on your computer before you can pull them to the Tivo. Once it know where the videos are , just double click the tivo button and scroll all the way to the bottom of the list to see the folder on the computer.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Just to add to this. I'm in the middle of setting up a completely new system this morning. I had the original pytivo on my old desktop and Dan's version on my laptop both working fine.

After I setup pytivo desktop on this new system, I was getting the white screen and it kept asking me to reenter the media key and it didn't see either of my tivo's. I'm not running it as service. I opened localhost:9032 in the browser and entered everything there and saved it and pytivo desktop started working immediately, seeing my tivo's and I just transferred a file from one of them. I know enough to get myself in trouble, if it helps, that's how I just fixed the little bump in the road of my morning.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
just upgraded to Hydra. my vids that I had already transferred from my PC are in "My Shows", but all my pytivo shares are gone from "my shows". any help please would be appreciated. I heard you can't transfer from hydra to PC (which I'm ok with ) but I still want to transfer from PC to Hydra
You have it backwards. Tivo to PC works but PC to Tivo does NOT

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Sorry for my ignorance. I installed pyTivo and transfered a show. Now, how do I convert it so Plex will see the file format?
Assuming you have installed and setup Plex server on your computer, just move it to the media folder that you have Plex server looking at and Plex should add it to the library. Make sure have named the file correctly for Plex to pull the info from thetvdb or themoviedb.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Hi Dan203 & wmcbrine,

My "My Tivo Recordings" share is no longer showing up under Devices on my Tivo.

I have 2 Tivo's, a Roamio Plus and a Premier and have been using pyTivo for years and it's loaded as a service on my Windows 10 computer. In the past I would put movies in my "My Tivo Recordings" folder on my computer and then on my Tivo go to My Shows | Devices and select "My Tivo Recordings" to pull the movie into my Tivo. I'm sure this was working a few months ago.

I haven't tried to import any shows into Tivo for a while until a few days ago. Now, my Roamio doesn't have "My Tivo Recordings" listed under Devices. Recently the Roamio's UI was updated (I'm not really liking the new UI!)

When I ran pyTivo on my computer (localhost:9032) it didn't show "My Tivo Recordings" so I thought maybe it was broken. I uninstalled pyTivo (and related) completely and followed Dan203's instructions to install pyTivo Desktop. Still my Tivo doesn't show "My Tivo Recordings" under Devices. The pyTivo Desktop shows "My Tivo Recordings" but it doesn't show a listing of what's in it. I verified that I still have 9032 and another port open in Windows Firewall and have the correct MAK address and Tivo user ID and password.

How do I get my Tivo to see "My Tivo Recordings" again?

Thanks in advance.
PC to TiVo transfers is no longer available using the new Hydra UI. If you need that functionality look at using Plex or revert your TiVo's to the old UI which will result in the loss of all your dvr recordings in the process.

TiVo to PC transfers still work with Hydra at the moment, so you can save any non copy protected content before reverting to the old UI.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts