TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
The shares must be stored somewhere else, correct? I uninstalled the first version after looking at it (already have pyTivo up and running). When I installed the updated version to look at it - my video share, mak, etc were already populated. I checked app data folder under local, roaming, etc but didn't see it there.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I assume the java has to be 32 bit? I transferred a file to test with and decryption failed. I downloaded the file again (without enabling decryption) and brought up the command line to run my copy of TivoDecoder.jar. That decryption worked fine. As only 64-bit Java is installed on my machine, I assume that is the reason the decryption failed in the first instance?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Issue could also be if the java executable location isn't in the executable search path?
You might try running tivolibre from a command prompt and see what happens.
I am using the TivoDecoder from the Tivolibre release from the command line. Per their notes - if using standalone, the TivoDecoder jar should be used. If the jar is to be used as part of another program, then Tivolibre.jar should be used. Tivolibre.jar itself can't be run straight from the command line - however the decoder from libre can be.

I don't think I have a path issue - as I have script calls to java from other locations just fine. I have one script that uses command-line java calls for rss adds to a seedbox. Another script I have pulls things from the seedbox using a java utility, while a 3rd uses a command-line call to Filebot, another java app. All 3 are from separate locations with no problems calling java.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Can you try the new build I posted and let me know if it fixes the issue for you?
For me --- nothing changed. Tried both TS and PS download. It downloads the temp file, but then fails on decrypt. If I'm looking at the download queue, I can see a failed message briefly before it vanishes - otherwise no indicator of success. Located the conf file and deleted - and then re-entered my info, but no change.

If I try the same files using the same output location with kmttg - everything is a success. File is downloaded and then decrypted. And, of course, if I just download and do a manual decryption from the command-line - that also works.

kmttg leaves the decrypted file with the .ts extension -- tivodecode from the tivolibre library leaves the decrypted file as a .mpeg extension.

No worries if this isn't much help to you -- and if it works great for others, no need to spend too much time on it as i have the manual method of decrypting that works fine, and kmttg as well. Not sure what the difference is on my system (or why the other methods succeed).

·
Registered
408 Posts
Confirmed that running tivolibre from the bin folder via command-line works.

Install folder is the default: C:\Program Files (x86)\pyTivo
Path to input file: "C:\Users\eherb_000\Videos\File Name 12345 (TS).Tivo"
Path to output file: "C:\Users\eherb_000\Videos\New File Name"

·
Registered
408 Posts
None of that should be an issue. Are you low on space on C?
Nope -- over 100 GB free.

I'll try later today again. It fails immediately on transfer (where other methods work fine) like it has problems even starting it. Maybe it does have something to do with only having 64-bit java. I only have 64-bit because I have 64-bit versions of mediainfo and filebot. My seed utilities are pretty garden-basic java, though - and they work fine when I call them.

I'm not too worried about it, though. Maybe it's something weird with Windows 10 -- who knows? As long as kmttg is working and/or the command-line tivodecode/tivolibre is working, it's not too big a deal.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I thought the same thing. So yesterday (and again today) I went into that location and deleted the file so the program prompted for my info on next startup. Current contents of the file are below. It's pretty basic. Note that the togo_ts_format current setting of 'false' is simply because my last change was unchecking transport stream. There was no difference with it checked or not.

I also tried manually putting the path for tivolibre in the options and checked that it was written in the conf file also.

Contents:

[Server]
togo_ts_format = false
togo_path = C:\Users\eherb_000\Videos
togo_decode = true
togo_save_txt = true
tivo_mak = 1234567890

[_tivo_SD]

[_tivo_HD]

[_tivo_4K]

·
Registered
408 Posts
Well then that's not the issue. Only two other potential issues I can think of...

1) There is a slight issue with the naming that could cause it to try to overwrite an existing file during the decryption phase. tivolibre doesn't allow that so if the output file name passed in already exists then it simply fails. Could that be an issue here?

2) Could your antivirus software be blocking this somehow? I'm using the built in Windows 10 AV on my machine. Are you using something else? If so try adding an exception to it for the whole pyTivo install directory and see if that helps.

Other then that I'm stumped. I've tried it on every machine I have and it always works, so I'm not sure why it's not for you. Even more perplexing is why that one time it did. If it were a constant failure that would be one thing, but intermittent failure is even harder to diagnose.
I don't think it could be the naming. The tmp file gets deleted. I looked at the file name from the time I manually was testing successful decryptions. I was testing with one of my wife's daily chat shows. The file name for yesterday's, for example, is "Rachael Ray - 82224 (TS).TiVo'.

For AV - I'm using the same as you -- stock windows 10 AV.

Yeah -- I don't have an idea either. Don't know what else to test. However, I wouldn't sweat it. Command-line decrypt and kmttg still work -- and kmttg's file naming of the TiVo file is a lot more involved than the above. I think I recall seeing the entire episode name in there - and this particular daytime show of my wife's tries to fit the whole description in their episode title. :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
No -- this is OTA mpeg2 channel. I was cord-cuttin' before cord-cuttin' was cool. :)

I just deleted both the pytivo and pytivo-desktop folders from the roaming profile. Just noticed those remained even after uninstalling. Later tonight after my wife goes to bed, I'm going to re-install so those are created fresh and then try again. But for right now - she wants to actually watch some TV instead of watching me play with trying to decode it. :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
I've run out of ideas. Just did a fresh install. Changed the output folder a couple of times just to check. But no change. One thing I've noticed when monitoring the output folder is that I'm not seeing the temp file grow at the same rate as the transfer queue progress bar. I'll see the temp file have an initial size and then later change to another, but it never shows a size that is current with the transfer queue GUI. Does the transfer queue use something internal? Does it write to disk in chunks? Just curious, as when I use kmttg, I can see the file size being written to disk at the same rate as the progress window in kmttg is showing download.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Well -- I've hit a wall regarding ideas for this version of pyTivo. Everything I've tried results in a fail on the decrypt. Interestingly, I just went back and put the original pyTivo (wmcbrine version) on my machine -- what the kids would call 'OG pyTivo'. :)

Tried download and decrypt using that pyTivo -- and 100% success.

Try download and decrypt using kmttg -- 100% success.

Decrypt using the command-line tivodecode or tivolibre.exe -- 100% success.

Only this version of pyTivo gives me a failure.

These are all using the same parameters between all of the various tests -- parameters like output path, etc.

So, I don't have any idea what the issue with this particular implementation is, but it's not like I'm left in the cold here or anything. I mean -- I certainly have other options for decode, if needed. In reality - I probably wouldn't need it much anyway. The only thing that is really recorded on the TiVo anymore is the wife's daily news and chat shows. Everything else has pretty much been moved to Plex due to easier whole-home / out-of-home functionality.

Maybe if somebody else reports similar symptoms, something might shake loose that's common in setup or software between the systems that could explain it - but I'm afraid I just have no idea anymore what could cause the issue only with this version of TTG, where all of the others have success.

·
Registered
408 Posts
So the .tivo file that pyTivo downloads is OK? And can be decrypted manually using the tivolibre.exe supplied with install? That makes no sense at all. :confused:

If there were some issue with how I'm launching the process then pyTivo wouldn't work at all because pyTivo.exe is launched from pyTivoTray.exe using the exact same code I use to launch tivolibre.exe for the decryption.

I wonder if it's some sort of timing issue. Maybe tivolibre is being launched before the main pyTivo process has let go of the file and there is some sort of access error. That could explain the one time it did work. Maybe I should throw a sleep in there to give it a couple seconds before launching the decrypt process.

Another thing you could try, if you're willing.... exit out of pyTivo completely. Go to the install folder. Double click on pytivo.exe. That should open a command window with the pytivo output being printed to the window. Now go into the desktop folder and double click pytivodesktop.exe. That will launch the UI. Now try again and when it gets to the end of the download watch the command window with pyTivo running. If there is some sort of error it will be printed there. If you can grab the text of the error and post it here so I can see what's going on.
Below is the relevant output from the command console. I've only pasted from where the console window showed success in the transfer to the error point in the console window.

INFO:pyTivo.togo:[09/Apr/2017 21:54:20] Done getting "C:\Video\Rachael Ray - 82120.tmp" from LivingRoom, 3201235432 bytes, 24.50 Mb/s
INFO:pyTivo:127.0.0.1 [09/Apr/2017 21:54:20] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=GetStatus&Container=ToGo&Url=http%3A%2F%2F192.168.1.18%3A80%2Fdownload%2FRachael%2520Ray.TiVo%3FContainer%3D%252FNowPlaying%26id%3D82120 HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:127.0.0.1 [09/Apr/2017 21:54:21] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=GetStatus&Container=ToGo&Url=http%3A%2F%2F192.168.1.18%3A80%2Fdownload%2FRachael%2520Ray.TiVo%3FContainer%3D%252FNowPlaying%26id%3D82120 HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:127.0.0.1 [09/Apr/2017 21:54:22] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=GetStatus&Container=ToGo&Url=http%3A%2F%2F192.168.1.18%3A80%2Fdownload%2FRachael%2520Ray.TiVo%3FContainer%3D%252FNowPlaying%26id%3D82120 HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:127.0.0.1 [09/Apr/2017 21:54:23] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=GetStatus&Container=ToGo&Url=http%3A%2F%2F192.168.1.18%3A80%2Fdownload%2FRachael%2520Ray.TiVo%3FContainer%3D%252FNowPlaying%26id%3D82120 HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:127.0.0.1 [09/Apr/2017 21:54:24] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=GetQueueList&Container=ToGo&TiVo=192.168.1.18 HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:127.0.0.1 [09/Apr/2017 21:54:24] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:127.0.0.1 [09/Apr/2017 21:54:24] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=GetStatus&Container=ToGo&Url=http%3A%2F%2F192.168.1.18%3A80%2Fdownload%2FRachael%2520Ray.TiVo%3FContainer%3D%252FNowPlaying%26id%3D82120 HTTP/1.1" 200 -
Input file C:\Video\Rachael Ray - 82120.tmp not found: C:\Video\Rachael Ray - 82120.tmp (The system cannot find the file specified)

·
Registered
408 Posts
No problem. One question: Does your version change the timing that was done from pyTivo itself? Just curious - as wmcbrine's pyTivo (using the tivodecode @moyekj patched for windows) has no problems. If that works with no timing issues, did the timing of the call change in this version of pyTivo?

·
Registered
408 Posts
A new build has been posted. This one removes the two step decryption process and reverts to the old decrypt as it downloads option it had before, but using tivolibre instead of tivodecode.
And .... (pause for dramatic impact) ... Success!

All transfer tests I've tried have been successful. Tried using Transport Stream and a successful decoded .ts file left in it's place. Tried using Program Stream and a successful decoded .mpg file left in it's place.

That seems to have solved whatever was going on with my machine. :)

Thanks for all of the work on it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts