TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2630 Posts

·
Super Moderator
59,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have just completed a new version which now includes a full feature UI called "pyTivo Desktop" which includes TiVoToGo support. I hope it works well for everyone. Please let me know if you have any trouble with it...

New website...

pyTivo Desktop

Release builds
Last Updated - Windows: 12/24/19 5:06am - v1.6.22
Last Updated - Mac: 12/12/19 5:34pm - v1.6.20

Beta builds
Last Updated - Windows: None
Last Updated - Mac: None

I've created an easier to use/install version of pyTivo. It's compiled into a standard Windows exe and does NOT require you to install python on your PC to work. It also includes a simple UI for setting up and managing shares. Some of the advanced features still have to be setup using the web UI or by editing the config file by hand, but this should be a lot easier for people to get going if all you want to do is transfer videos from your PC to your TiVo or use Music/Photos.

pyTivo_setup.exe

pyTivo_setup.zip (alternative for those getting antivirus warnings with exe)

In a future release I plan to add a UI for some of the advanced settings and maybe the TTG portion too.

I'm also going to try creating Mac and Linux versions too when I have some more time.

Edit: 4/2/17 Updated version with settings dialog

·
FUBAR
4,974 Posts
Something like tivodecode-ng or tivolibre code needs to be integrated in as well because you currently can't decrypt H.264 .tivo files to native with pyTivo (e.g. Tivo-to-PC transfers on Comcast). I don't think wmcbrine ever released a version that handles them but kmttg handles them just fine with tivolibre.

BTW music playback from pyTivo is still broken on the Roamios. Tivo broke it with 20.6.3.

·
Registered
8,048 Posts
I've created an easier to use/install version of pyTivo. It's compiled into a standard Windows exe and does NOT require you to install python on your PC to work. It also includes a simple UI for setting up and managing shares. Some of the advanced features still have to be setup using the web UI or by editing the config file by hand, but this should be a lot easier for people to get going if all you want to do is transfer videos from your PC to your TiVo or use Music/Photos.

pyTivo_setup.exe

In a future release I plan to add a UI for some of the advanced settings and maybe the TTG portion too.

I'm also going to try creating Mac and Linux versions too when I have some more time.
Chrome won't let me download the file.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Thanks
I've had pytivo set up on my desktop and laptop, since I got a Tivo. I use it and VideoRedo weekly.
I have an older spare laptop, Ill have to pull out and install it on that. This could save me having to look up the instructions, when others ask me how to do it.

·
Cranky old novice
9,481 Posts
You caught me! The past 15 years I've spent on this site were just to butter you up so I could trick you into installing a hack on your PC.:smilingimp:
Yes the old super-moderator-is-a-hacker ploy.:rolleyes:

·
It'll be fine....
4,159 Posts
It worked really well... For the novice it might be confusing because there is no installation notification. No obvious way to determine the next step - you have to go to the tray, find the pytivo icon and right click on it for options.

It would be nice if the dialog to choose a file directory were presented to the user immediately following install.

That said: It was quick and sweet... I didn't have to install and configure, I didn't have to setup pytivo as a service....

Really nice job!

Reactions: elbaz

·
Registered
411 Posts
The shares must be stored somewhere else, correct? I uninstalled the first version after looking at it (already have pyTivo up and running). When I installed the updated version to look at it - my video share, mak, etc were already populated. I checked app data folder under local, roaming, etc but didn't see it there.

1 - 20 of 2630 Posts