TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
That one guy
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone catch Earl tonight? What did Catalina say? Closed captioning had the Spanish, but I can't seem to get a good translation online:

Quiero agredecer a toda el publico Latino que nos acompana cada semana. Y para los que no son Latinos, les felicito por aprender otro idioma.

Anyone?

·
Banned
34,759 Posts
ursine1 said:
Anyone catch Earl tonight? What did Catalina say?
She said, "We all have our fears, Randy. I fear snakes and rape."

Oh... did you mean the spanish stuff? I don't know... I was still laughing from the "fear" line. :D

·
That one guy
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
scheckeNYK said:
She said "Poopy Trim"
I caught that. Brilliant. Absolutely freaking brilliant.

·
That one guy
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"With that smart frog from Return of the Jedi on my back."

·
Excellent.
22,808 Posts
Anyway, roughly translated, Catalina said:

I want to acknowledge the Latin public that follows us every week. And for those that are not Latin, I congratulate them for learning another language.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
cmontyburns said:
Anyway, roughly translated, Catalina said:

I want to acknowledge the Latin public that follows us every week. And for those that are not Latin, I congratulate them for learning another language.
That's brilliant. Even better than Randy's "High Def Rocks!" sign from a few weeks ago.

·
Number crunchin'
38,064 Posts
:D I love this show. Thanks cmontyburns for posting the translation -- my Spanish was good enough to know she wasn't insulting Joy, but bad enough that I couldn't actually catch more than a few words she said -- she talks too fast!

·
Fat, Dumb and Happy
4,354 Posts
dtle said:
"Wakey, wakey, hands off snakey"

Making fun of men's best kept secret...it was brilliant!
My wife actually said 'What is he doing?!?'

Ugh...

·
North Shore MA
1,543 Posts
Best episode ever, this one was great on all terms. I can't believe how good the lines Catalina had, but all characters were strong on this one. I was waiting for the inside joke on the "successful business man".

·
Deregistered Snoozer
5,115 Posts
"Why don't you go have a three-way?" "Fruitcakes..." "I think I'm going to throw up..."
Joy is a riot.

·
Registered
15,283 Posts
I liked all of the slogans at the boys ranch...especially the last one "we don't do anything inappropriate to little boys".

·
She likes cheese.
4,768 Posts
My love for this show grows every week, and I am still amazed that Jaime Pressley is able to make me laugh so hard. She truly is a riot as Joy.

You big bunch of fruitcakes!

I don't look forward to Earl quite as much as I do The Office but it always entertains.

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
Magnolia88 said:
My love for this show grows every week, and I am still amazed that Jaime Pressley is able to make me laugh so hard. She truly is a riot as Joy.
She's so much better than Kristen Bell.

:D

·
She likes cheese.
4,768 Posts
Yes, that is sacrilege! :p

Kristen Bell is an amazing actress with an astonishing range (seen her in Deadwood? Reefer Madness? she can do it all). Jaime Pressly is not. She is funny as Joy, but that's all she gets. I've hated her in everything else I've ever seen her in, which is why I'm so surprised that I find her funny as Joy. I was all set to hate her.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts