TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Call me Bob
3,564 Posts
What other devices are connected to the wireless network when this happens? And what protocol are they using (802.11b or 802.11g)?

Is it possible that something has recently come onto the network that might have caused some sort of issue in the network that then results in this behavior?

·
Call me Bob
3,564 Posts
kocab said:
The router/wireles access point is an Apple Airport Extreme base station set up to use 40bit WEP. There are three Apple computers on the wireless network and a file server on the wired portion.
Are any of the wireless Macs using an older Airport card (one that only does 802.11b)?

I think I read about something similar which appeared to be the older Airport card going onto the network generated by an Airport Extreme base station. It looked like running certain network applications on the Mac with the Airport card caused the TiVo to become unstable (usually when the TiVo went to do some sort of network access -- like going into the Now Playing List or initiating a connection to the TiVo service)

You may not know it, but there were different versions of the Airport card released over the years they were available (i.e. not all Airport cards, the 802.11b ones, are created equal). I think there were four different versions.

I believe that taking the Macintosh off the network (or not running a network active application, like a chat client) eliminated the issue.

Could this be similar to what you're seeing?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.