TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ex-Caavo employee (Ex-TiVo, '00-'16)
1,555 Posts
Were you speaking with Humax or TiVo CS? If it was TiVo CS, send me a PM with your case and contact information and I will send the case back to the agents with the recommendation that they replace the adapter. If the issue occurs with the replacement adapter, you will need to contact Humax to replace your unit for a rebooting issue.

If you originally contacted Humax, please contact TiVo CS to arrange for a return/replacement of the adapter in order to TS properly.

·
1,555 Posts
kitalooclef said:
I had the same problem with my Tivo. In our case, we were using a Tivo manufactured wireless device to connect the Tivo to our network. Tivo support told us that some of their wireless devices have been causing Tivos to randomly reboot. We disconnected the wireless adapter and the problem stopped. Tivo refunded our money and gave us a credit to buy a new one.
I have not yet been advised that this is happening on a regular basis, so take this agent's comment with a grain of salt. It is not their place to make such a claim until verified at higher levels.

Were you previously using an adapter without an issue? If so, which make/model? I ask because one aspect I'm following is when an adapter was not previously in use, as this **may** indicate a problem with the DVR itself.

This thread is the first indication of any issue and we must gather data points and troubleshoot thoroughly before reaching any conclusion.

·
1,555 Posts
The holidays bring our highest call volume of the year and it takes awhile for them to ramp down, mostly due to the "gift effect" (where many of the TiVo recorders purchased for the holidays were not activated or set up until January). We've also had some activation issue that are causing more customers to call and add to hold times.

·
1,555 Posts
I'd like for anyone affected by this to send me a PM with their 15-digit TSN (if you're willing to help us figure this out). Since this doesn't look like an adapter issue, I want to turn on diagnostic logging and have the problem reproduced for us to look closer at.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.