TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the DVR name under system information disappeared for TivoHD users when they upgraded to the latest (b revision) software level.

I just noticed that my S3's names have also disappeared and show <Name this DVR on tivo.com> instead.

I've tried changing the names and forcing connections a few hours later, but no change.

Before I call Tivo, I'd like to get some data points.

Are there other Series 3 owners who have lost their DVR names under System Information or is it just me?

(I also have a S2DT box active that still knows its' name)

·
Registered
172 Posts
The same thing happened to me!
I'm not too woried because MRV & TTG are not enabled on S3's, but I'm not sure if this affects Online Scheduling.
Anyone having problems with this?
I'll try it know to see what happens.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Count me as affected by this as well. My S3 and THD have both lost their names.

Edit: Online scheduling still works fine as does Unbox.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
My DVR name is missing on my S3, and Amazon is downloading Ok right now as we speak.

·
Registered
345 Posts
jrm01 said:
My DVR name is missing on my S3, and Amazon is downloading Ok right now as we speak.
Same here. Name is missing but it hasn't affected unbox downloads, a movie is downloading now, nor has it affected playing music and photos.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Thru Amazon also.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think I may understand what happened. When I bought my THD this week, I used "change service number". Today when I ordered a movie from amazon.com, I picked the TiVo name of the unit that I replaced, which is now the THD. But since I guess the THD never got a name, and the replaced TiVo is stored away off the network, Unbox doesn't know where to send it.

Well, that's great.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts