TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any DVR's out there for just broadcast channels without the need of Tivo? Preferably dual tunner versions. Whether it be with SD or HD tunners? With my problems as of late with DirecTV/Tivo units, I'd like to go to old shcool as a backup since most of my recording as of late is mostly my local channels. But don't want to go too old school with VCR's.

I have a DVD recorder, but it will only handle, at the most, 6-8 hrs/disc. of programming with only one tuner. I will be keeping my DirecTv service with the Series 2 DVR's, so it would not be worth the $$ for a Tivo service with just using local channels.

Thanks
Patrick

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No actual issues with Tivo itself, just with DirecTv-Tivo. I'd like a DVR that I can set myself to record regular local channel through an antenna independant of anything else. In other words, using a DVR instead of Tape or DVD. Not having to worry about swapping out a disk, having to erase or rewind it.

Patrick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.